Looks like 3DR Services is almost ready for an update (1.5.3-Android)

Reaction score
Release 1.5.3 by ne0fhyk · Pull Request #387 · dronekit/dronekit-android · GitHub

Merge pull request #61 from 3drobotics/release-1.5.2
Merge branch 'develop' of github.com:dronekit/dronekit-android into u…
Update client library dependencies to fix travis build issues
Merge pull request #68 from 3drobotics/upstream_sync
Disable stream rates update for solo
Fix the issue causing follow exit on follow mode switch
Add method to the VehicleApi to update the vehicle data stream rate.
Merge branches 'disable_stream_rate_update_for_solo' and 'fix_issue_w…
Add support for look at functionality (set the roi programmatically)
Bump client library version
Update documentation for the `VehicleApi#updateVehicleDataStreamRate(…
Merge pull request #70 from 3drobotics/disable_stream_rate_update_for…
Merge branches 'develop' and 'fix_issue_with_follow_mode_switch' of g…
Added tlv pause packet. Added docs for other sitescan messages
Update docs to match ShotManager
Merge pull request #71 from 3drobotics/pause_tlv_msg
Merge pull request #69 from 3drobotics/fix_issue_with_follow_mode_switch
Bump version for release 1.5.3
Updated to alpha2 c23e5a9
Merge branch 'develop' of github.com:3drobotics/dronekit-android-dev …
Update gradle build dependency for the client library to fix compilat…
Fix connection bug on nexus devices when switching from home wifi to …
Fix the sensors size for the s110 s120 canon camera
Merge pull request #384 from dronekit/fix_connection_issue
Merge pull request #385 from dronekit/fix_s100_s110_sensors_size
Bump version for beta 1
Merge pull request #386 from dronekit/release-1.5.3-beta1

Reactions: ProStock
I'm sure there is information, but this might have been written in ancient Sanskrit.

Can you please summarize what it does or could mean for us?

OK, well that's a good thing right?

I hope like many on the forum they introduce a way to safely fly indoors. I have a request for multiple jobs inside, and I really don't want to take them, unless I am aided by the Solo. I also would like an object sensor. I crashed this weekend on my 3rd flight, cracked the casing severely .

I've had my 3DR Services app crash repeatedly in-flight... I press OK and have a loss of connection for about 1 or 2 seconds until everything reconnects.

I haven't seen this since the first or second day I had my solo, but lately it seems like I get one or more every 1-3 batteries or so. Has anyone noticed stability issues with 1.5.2 Services and perhaps the Samsung S7 / Android 6.0.1?

Chris

I've had my 3DR Services app crash repeatedly in-flight... I press OK and have a loss of connection for about 1 or 2 seconds until everything reconnects.

I haven't seen this since the first or second day I had my solo, but lately it seems like I get one or more every 1-3 batteries or so. Has anyone noticed stability issues with 1.5.2 Services and perhaps the Samsung S7 / Android 6.0.1?

Chris
Same here. It's only done it after landing while on the ground the process of shutting things down. Never in flight. Looking forward to the update later after work.

No problems with my Nexus 7/2013 and latest Google/Android version.
Everything including MPCC works for me.

BTW The changes in the services app target the camera tracking enhancements in FollowMe mode as recently announced by 3DR.

Chris
Yup just started a thread on it cause I hadn't read this yet. Mines in flight after a couple minutes on an s6 edge that's dedicated solely to solo. I broke one holder with my iPhone 6 Plus so i want to use the edge now, but it's almost half the time I'm getting this shut down. Flies fine still I just lose camera control and smart shots.

I have an issue with the survey functionality triggering my GP4 automatically. I understood the issue was a known problem with the solo firmware. I'm running 2.1.1
Is there any thoughts on if this is fixed on the new release and when it is supposed to push to Android?

I have an issue with the survey functionality triggering my GP4 automatically. I understood the issue was a known problem with the solo firmware. I'm running 2.1.1
Is there any thoughts on if this is fixed on the new release and when it is supposed to push to Android?

this is an issue with the solo firmware not the app, 3dr services or tower. 3dr is aware of the issue and is working on a fix, but no one knows when then the next firmware will be released.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Granny