Log Help: Work Solo fell out of the sky

What happened?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Pictured below are a few shots of it.
Image00.jpg Image01.jpg Image02.jpg

I've also attached the controller's tlog. I've not disassembled it yet to dump the dataflash log off the Pixhawk cube.

To me, it was seemingly running just fine. Motors sounded smooth, they cogged cleanly when moved manually. I check the auto-analysis in Mission Planner after most jobs, and didn't get any warnings I wasn't expecting (slow loop, etc). The props are fresh Master Airscrew props which have seen 0 abuse (I store/transport them in the microfiber drawstring bag). The battery pack lights even report roughly the same percentage as the last I saw on my remote, so it doesn't seem the battery crapped out. From watching the log playback, I almost want to say I had an ESC brownout and it couldn't recover, or possibly I had a bird-strike. I don't think any prop threw a blade since I recovered all the pieces of the props at the crash site, and I would expect that if a blade got thrown, I wouldn't find it laying at the site of impact.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Attachments

• AA0247_18-002980_199E.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
Post the Dataflash log--more detail the better. (Sorry I just re-read your post--post DF log when you can.)

Last edited:
Gentlemens (and ladies),

I present to you the dataflash log! Looks like the Cube survived the crash without problem. It will very likely live on to be turned into the control system for an automated apple picking cart for a nearby grower.

Please let me know what this log shows you.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2018-07-11 11-40-00.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 8
Reactions: Wetstone and carpy
Gentlemens (and ladies),

I present to you the dataflash log! Looks like the Cube survived the crash without problem. It will very likely live on to be turned into the control system for an automated apple picking cart for a nearby grower.

Please let me know what this log shows you.

Thanks!
It looks like the log is truncated--how did you download? From Solo or thru Mission Planner?

It looks like the log is truncated--how did you download? From Solo or thru Mission Planner?
Through the Mission Planner interface. How can you tell it is truncated? The Solo ejected the battery during the crash, so I don't think the log closed cleanly. The telemetry log also stopped at something like 100ft AGL.

If I just looked at the right log and didn't look at another one I had saved you had some type periodic high Amp draw where the motors were working real hard fast and slow to fly. It happens for one minute, goes away, comes back, goes away and then comes back and then Solo is a victim of gravity. Pulling 40 plus Amps during the strange motor/ ESC event. It sounded O.K.?

If I just looked at the right log and didn't look at another one I had saved you had some type periodic high Amp draw where the motors were working real hard fast and slow to fly. It happens for one minute, goes away, comes back, goes away and then comes back and then Solo is a victim of gravity. Pulling 40 plus Amps during the strange motor/ ESC event. It sounded O.K.?
upload_2018-7-13_18-2-26.png
Is that what you're referring to? The dips in the yellow line? Sorry, I'm a noob at reading the logs. I rely upon the Autoanalysis after each flight to tell me how things went. Apparently, that wasn't a great idea.

It sounded smooth to me. I'm not seeing a pattern to the amp draw except on the final leg, it was fighting pretty hard (tilted far down) trying to keep speed. Maybe the winds were gusting too much?

The conditions were about 80F, winds N at 12-16mph, roughly 400ft ASL.

Graph your RCOUT 1,2,3,4. The motors should not be constantly going from dead slow to wide open. I've seen logs from flights in sport mode at 50 MPH that looked smoother.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
Did any prop spin off and survive the crash, I've seen many of these crashes where a motor spins in reverse momentarily and with one prop off it is all it takes to go davy jones, were all props on motors once on the ground? Its a known issue with SOLO's the imposed a software fix which was bullshit and causes this known condition to occur, its very well know, it has everything to do with the 3.3v pwm signals to the esc's instead of what should've been a 5v pwm signal to the esc's.....

I'll try to look at the log again later and see if there is any correlation between when the RCOUT is going crazy and the direction it was flying in. Solo will only allow itself to pull so many Amps. You had 2 one minute or so episodes of very strange behavior before the final one and failure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo