Live video feed to app lags/hangs

Reaction score
Hi.
Just got my Solo and while flying the thing is pretty straight forward so far, the video feed to my phone is really laggy and hangs on a still frame for 10 or so seconds. Often a lot longer. It makes setting up smart shots, etc pretty tricky as you're never 100% sure what you're looking at.
Been searching online but not getting many results so if anyone can suggest anything, I'd be most grateful!
The Solo is stock out of the box and all updated. GoPro Hero 3+ Black is updated and running at 1080, 25fps although I've had it at 2.7k with same results. Phone is a iPhone 5S.
I'm close to the Solo, usually only 20-30m away at the most. Have restarted everything. Been through 4 battery charges so a fair bit of flying and the problem is constant.
Not sure where to start?
Thanks.

It's hard to say for sure. But is likely the phone if you are using your daily phone. There are most likely several apps running at the same time you are trying to use a live feed, which it self is very demanding. Many users will have a dedicated device with few other apps installed. You may try to close as many apps as you can before flying.

Reactions: Shifter
Thanks for your help. Yes, daily phone so will try and shut everything else down and see how I get on to start. Guess I could grab an ipad mini or something to run dedicated to the solo but would be great to confirm this isn't the usual experience? Ie. the live feed is usually pretty accurate for most users?
Thanks again.

I use my "daily" iPad mini 3 and a Nexus 7 that I got just to use with the Tower app.

Both experience occasional lag/hang ups but that is the exception not the rule.

Welcome to the forum Shifter!

Reactions: Shifter
Thanks guys.
Success! Closed down all background apps and switched the cellular connection off on the phone. Seems perfect now. Which is good because I didn't want to spend more money!
Appreciate the help.

Reactions: Maddog
Thanks guys.
Success! Closed down all background apps and switched the cellular connection off on the phone. Seems perfect now. Which is good because I didn't want to spend more money!
Appreciate the help.
Glad it worked out and thanks for posting the solution so others may benefit!

Merry Christmas all!

Welcome Shifter. Ask anyone on here, and I bet they will say spending a little more money is part of the Solo experience......;) I know I have spent a bit more and don't regret it a bit.

Does 3Dr has a recommended list of intelligen devices to work with the Solo quad flawlessly?

Does 3Dr has a recommended list of intelligen devices to work with the Solo quad flawlessly?
Here is the list of KNOWN devices that have been tested. Others may work as well, even if you have to side load them on your device. Bu there are no guarantees of 'flawless', because every device can vary because of other programs that users install. I use a Nexus 7 (2013) and use it only for Solo, so I don't install anything not Solo related.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl