Live feed 3sec Distortion on Higher Resolution?

Del

Reaction score
Iv always recorded in 1080p 60fps ever since I got my Solo and never had an issue ...iv never even tried the higher resolution of 2.7k or 4K till today.. So I wouldint know if I would have this problem of the 3sec distortion with the older FW!
So today I decided to set up my Solo on my coffee table and fool around with the 2.7k and 4K in the options in the new App!

I'm all Up to date with the New App and FW running ISO! GoPro Hero4 Silver and the iPad Mini2
Im basically getting a three second distortion on my live feed when I hit the record button when I'm in 4K and 2.7k..but not in 1080P! Iv only did this test on my coffee table and not in the field yet do to the weather conditions !

My question

Is everybody experiencing this ?

Cause?

Now I'm trying to figure out why it's doing this ?

I know that 4K and 2.7k is a lot more information to pass around then 1080p! So is it that the wi-Fi via Solo to the Controller can't process the amount of information fast enough at a higher resolution so causing that 3 sec distortion?

Or could it be that the Gimbla HDMI Cable can't process the information fast enough?

I'm thinking Its pointing more to the wi-Fi via Solo via controller... But not sure?
But if that was the case..I don't think anything can be done about it?
But if it was the HDMI Cable..then Mabe replacing the cable with a more higher end cable would resolve this issue?

I was also thinking can it be the tablet device that I'm using? or Could it be the new FW?

But in any case..just wondering if anybody els is having this 3sec Distortions with there live feed on there Device when changing there settings to a higher resolution rate ?

I don't think it's a big problem.. It sure is one I can live with.. But just curious if it's normal or not ..and can it be rectified?

Your thought and opinion are most welcome:)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fly Smart
Fly Safe
Fly 3DR

Reactions: J R
Is everybody experiencing this?

Del,

I get the same thing even with the new ribbon cable. I don't really know why but you can see the preview screen change quite dramatically once you hit the record button. I think it's probably as you suggested, lot's of info to process. Takes a second or two to get it stabilized. That's my guess anyway. It certainly hasn't been an issue for me.

Jerry

As long as the distortion isn't in your recording, then your fine.
It's just setting up camera for different settings.
Just like the older tv, when changing channels you would see the same thing.

Del,

I get the same thing even with the new ribbon cable. I don't really know why but you can see the preview screen change quite dramatically once you hit the record button. I think it's probably as you suggested, lot's of info to process. Takes a second or two to get it stabilized. That's my guess anyway. It certainly hasn't been an issue for me.

Jerry
Thanks Jerry...I didint think it could be the HDMI cable giving me that distortion .. But I just didint want to tottaly rule it out just yet ..do to the lack of knowledge that I have and still learning..
I remembering you Changing your Stock HDMI to the 3D Relish..so if your still getting the same Distortion that I'm getting after your installation of the new cable...I guess it would rule out being the cable.
Plus I would agree it's looking like more the Solo wi-Fi having trouble processing the higher resolution information !

But now all that being said..would you know if a higher end wifi mod would help in this case...?

Cheers

As long as the distortion isn't in your recording, then your fine.
It's just setting up camera for different settings.
Just like the older tv, when changing channels you would see the same thing.
I did check my Card Steve..and everything looks good there..no Distortion...so does look like its only concentrated to the live feed!

What tablet or phone are you using with the Solo App? Also do you get the same distortion from the HDMI on the controller to say a monitor?

I have directv and the box for that has a button on the front to toggle between 480, 720, and 1080. When you toggle from one to the other it does this. It has to require the new resolution. Same thing is going on with your setup there. Nothing to fix and nothing can fix this. It's nice to have the settings option. But I don't ever see myself switching video settings mid flight. So this is a non issue for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M