LineageOS 14.1 and Samsung Tab 8.4 Black screen in Solo and Solex App

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been searching for the last few days for a fix for this and have been down most all of the usual procedures that are listed on this site for troubleshooting this issue and have things narrowed down to the following:

I have two complete solo's and controllers and one Hero 4
Black screens on these configurations:

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8 running Unofficial Lineage 14.1
Solo 1 with Hero 4 in a gimbal 1 with latest stock firmware
Solo 2 with Hero 4 in a gimbal 2 with latest opensolo firmware

If I use my Google Nexus 5 phone instead of the Galaxy video works fine with any setting I choose. The previous owner of solo 1 gave me the tablet and it worked fine with the older 4.X Android OS.

I'm assuming it's either a setting in Lineage OS 14 OR something missing.

Before I go and buy a newer tablet....does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
<D>

Hi all,

I've been searching for the last few days for a fix for this and have been down most all of the usual procedures that are listed on this site for troubleshooting this issue and have things narrowed down to the following:

I have two complete solo's and controllers and one Hero 4
Black screens on these configurations:

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8 running Unofficial Lineage 14.1
Solo 1 with Hero 4 in a gimbal 1 with latest stock firmware
Solo 2 with Hero 4 in a gimbal 2 with latest opensolo firmware

If I use my Google Nexus 5 phone instead of the Galaxy video works fine with any setting I choose. The previous owner of solo 1 gave me the tablet and it worked fine with the older 4.X Android OS.

I'm assuming it's either a setting in Lineage OS 14 OR something missing.

Before I go and buy a newer tablet....does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
<D>
Does this problem occur when app is started, or after the recording is started?

If after recording starts, I've lived with this on my Tab 4. Using a lower resolution (1080/30?) works. For higher resolutions I start recording, exit the "live feed" screen, and then return to "live feed". Not ideal, but it works for me. I use Solex.

Reactions: dmulk
Does this problem occur when app is started, or after the recording is started?

If after recording starts, I've lived with this on my Tab 4. Using a lower resolution (1080/30?) works. For higher resolutions I start recording, exit the "live feed" screen, and then return to "live feed". Not ideal, but it works for me. I use Solex.

Thanks for the reply. It happens immediately. No resolution or combo of FPS settings makes any difference however if I launch Solex on my N5 it works fine.

I think it's something with the unofficial lineage OS 14.1 and the Samsung Galaxy tab 8.4. I've tried disabling all of the display settings enhancements inside the OS also and that makes no difference also. Strange.

After my original post I loaded the GoPro hero app on the tablet just to make sure I could get video from the camera in some form and through the app it worked fine. I could see video when connected wirelessly to the camera.

It's a head scratcher...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44