Lidar or Optical Flow with Solo - costs and ?

Reaction score
What does it cost to put Lidar on Solo - or optical flow if that does the same thing? I need my solo to fly 40 ft above the terrain, all the time, for some vegetative mapping programs.

Lidar is used for measuring altitude and optical flow is used for measuring speed/position. they both can be used at the same time for more precise flight as well as flight in gps comprised areas.

there is diy flow module that includes both lidar and optical flow. if you aren't interested in diy, i will be selling a complete kit in the next few weeks.

here is the info for optical flow on solo
Optical flow on Solo

Here is a teaser how Lidar works with Solo.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Al Cab
Lidar is used for measuring altitude and optical flow is used for measuring speed/position. they both can be used at the same time for more precise flight as well as flight in gps comprised areas.

there is diy flow module that includes both lidar and optical flow. if you aren't interested in diy, i will be selling a complete kit in the next few weeks.

Optical flow on Solo

Frank, I'm interested. Have you fixed on a price point yet?

Here is a teaser how Lidar works with Solo.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Nice work. Do you have anything else to share ? I would like to do the same on my solo ? Did you test it upon trees with leaves ?

Optical flow on Solo

Very cool Frank.... I would be interested in purchasing this as an option for my solo... will it continue to work with the gimbal?

Awesome! How would this work on water?

Optical flow on Solo
Will you do an announcement here or in facebook when you start selling them? Definitely interested.

Thanks Frank, water seems to be a funny one hey...
Overall though it is a great functionality to have on the solo - Im interested.

it worked on the buggy firmware from 3dr, when they rolled back the firmware it was no longer an option for solo.
The new 2.1 PH and Rebase might bring it back on line.

BTW latest news is Jordi is working on a version of solo link that will work with any flight controller.

it worked on the buggy firmware from 3dr, when they rolled back the firmware it was no longer an option for solo.
The new 2.1 PH and Rebase might bring it back on line.

BTW latest news is Jordi is working on a version of solo link that will work with any flight controller.
So 3DR messed this up? That is a real shame. It looked promising. The 2.1 is the cube that Philp Rowse is bringing out? If so, i may have to get one after all.

that is Stephan one of the few folks that got this to work.
But to do that you have to go back to the risky solo firmware. That was the one that introduced a ton of EKF errors and caused a lot of crashes

that is Stephan one of the few folks that got this to work.
But to do that you have to go back to the risky solo firmware. That was the one that introduced a ton of EKF errors and caused a lot of crashes
I am on FW 2.4.1-3 since July, a version never released to public by 3DR. I can report zero issues with it. Link to download is in the Hackster blog.

interesting I remember that one, it was still a little squirrely if I remember correctly,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M