LED light for Solo

Yes I also use these lights, picked them up at fry's for 20 dollars......They work great much easier to see your drone orientation, even in the sunshine.

Will the Solo still fit in the 3DR backpack with these lights installed?

You need to trim some foam in the bag to make it fit without bending the light bars. Not a big deal. I also suggest some hot glue or epoxy where the wires come out of each bar. They're kind flimsy there. Also note that if you're maneuvering at flanking speed, sometimes the connector or one of the bars will get blown off by the wind.

Reactions: Travelfox
I was having trouble with the connector coming loose from the Solo expansion port. I found that a little blob of that tacky putty used to help keep pictures on the way hanging straight (or other light hanging to avoid using nails or thumbtacks) pressed on the plug's circuit board next to the plug helps keep it attached to Solo quite well. It is also easy to remove thus not harming Solo in any way, leaving no marks. It is non-conductive so also won't harm the circuit board.

Both my Solos have the PP LED. They both fit in each of their own Solo backpack w/out ANY cutting the foam. The small plastic strip @ the bottom of the front lights will eventually break off if it hasn't already, but it's not needed.

Reactions: speatuk
Both my Solos have the PP LED. They both fit in each of their own Solo backpack w/out ANY cutting the foam. The small plastic strip @ the bottom of the front lights will eventually break off if it hasn't already, but it's not needed.

Yep mine broke off too lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but doing so bends the front LED panel and does prevent Solo from fully sitting down in the recess created for it. You can zip the backpack shut and everything, but as I said above it does put stress on the LED and does not let Solo settle into it's spot completely. Seriously, it only takes about 2.5 seconds to remove the front LED bar when stowing the Solo in the backpack. The rear LED doesn't have a clearance issue.

I
Yes, but doing so bends the front LED panel and does prevent Solo from fully sitting down in the recess created for it. You can zip the backpack shut and everything, but as I said above it does put stress on the LED and does not let Solo settle into it's spot completely. Seriously, it only takes about 2.5 seconds to remove the front LED bar when stowing the Solo in the backpack. The rear LED doesn't have a clearance issue.
No clearance issues. Sorry

I got the hot knife to the inside of the case.
Doesn't touch now
Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lights are great. I will try the hot knife trick, sounds like a winner. Now just how to solve fitting her in with her new ruby red high heels I printed her out. :)

Reactions: speatuk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc