LED light for Solo

Polar Pros light are perfect. Wire length is just right. Very bright even in sunlight. For $29.00 there is nothing better.

Anyone have this LED light kit? Wonder if its worth picking up. Also was there ever a anti-collision system developed for Solo?

PolarPro - LED Lighting Set for 3DR Solo Drones - Black

Thanks
Another plus for these lights. They really help with the orientation. Polar Pro's customer service is also SUPERB. They went above and beyond replacing mine when I had an issue. Get the PP 3-pack filters for the GoPro too. Dramatically improved my videos and if I don't need to cut down light or glare or exposure, I can just use the clear one for protection.

I bought it several months ago. But it was easily broken. So, I bought LED bar and re-made it as I want.

This is original LED bar connected with Solo AUX port.
KakaoTalk_20170124_062653687.jpg

Cut the LED bar (6 LED's each) and put it at both side of SOLO.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Now I can put my SOLO into black paper bag with LED.

Reactions: Solo Keith
Hello guys, who can 'help me, I bought this kit polar I put the cable into the accessory port, but it does not work, I tried with the tester and the kit works, I also checked the accessory port, and all wires are affixed, I do not understand ...

Also it is normal where you do the pair / reset there orange light that flashes, makes a flash every second?

Sorry for conprensibile if it is little, but I used the translator, thanks

Hello guys, who can 'help me, I bought this kit polar I put the cable into the accessory port, but it does not work, I tried with the tester and the kit works, I also checked the accessory port, and all wires are affixed, I do not understand ...

Also it is normal where you do the pair / reset there orange light that flashes, makes a flash every second?

Sorry for conprensibile if it is little, but I used the translator, thanks

Not sure if this helps, but the lights only work once the Pixhawk is booted up and running.
The accessory port is connected to the main board by a somewhat fragile ribbon cable. Possible the ribbon cable was damaged. Can you test the lights on another Solo?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply, the ribbon cable is already checked, I can't tell if the problem could be the Orange led is always on, I already do even the private factory reset, but nothing, the lights do not go on and the amber led turns off

The only sounds great, but the orange light remains fixed access, I don't know why ... If it is normal

Hi, I have removed everything to look good the Board, Andrew you were right, there was positive and negative slightly detached, welded and stuck them with hot glue, now my light kit works wow

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170223/f4fd760db614d2b49038ae41936f5103.jpg

Wow, you don't do things half way, do you?!
While you have her open, take the time to do the "foam block" mod and upgrade the WiFi card (if planning to do so). I assume you already did the "cardboard" mod.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

is $19.99 a good price for the polar light? and is it even a good investment or a good light to put on the Solo ?

If you do. Modify (hot glue) the cables as the exit the lights and expansion bay plug before they snap off.

As the way they are left by pp are a bit poor.

This way they should last you a bit.

Also the cables are long and with a bit of wind the front light tends to come dislodged, so secure the cables to solo.

Black insulation or gaffa tape works fine.

Apart from that they are pretty good. Visible to about 330 feet or so.

I have just taken delivery of my brite lights that MadDog has created.

Now these are a different league.

A few are modifying both together.

That's about it, can't add anymore.

You pay your money you takes your choice.

Or is it

"It's puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again?"

Ooooo sorry I got side tracked. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, I have already 'done all updates, seen here' on the forum and on the web:
-substituted Entrami the wi-fi cards Mikrotic R11E
-Cable HDMI Relish3D
-Card gps m8n
-Antenna FPVRL
-kit Polar lights

Congratulations, I follow your Forum and this 3dr I really like, I even took the program Solex, did really well

Now I'm 'waiting arriving LEDs that I took from Maddog, when I completed everything I put photos

Finito...

6550c2981918a1a61c99de61bc590314.jpg

3ac3733ea8e60ac78f0e6efa2d18bdde.jpg

To put it with the LEDs I had to remove a bit of sponge, now is perfect

997e9d614ff71103a91c39e897fd207f.jpg

be1a4da6c4e50c26642db06146c9ef03.jpg

I did that on mine too. I cut out foam along the front for the Polar Pro "landing light" and I also cut out notches in the back for the Alpha antennas. Now I don't need to remove the light or the antennas!

0jVxaB6.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc