Landing pad

Nice! I have been using a heavy Yoga mat that countours the ground. It is portable, but I like yours better!!

Reactions: z3r01
I made this and made it adjustable cause I really have few level surfaces in my house, it's older and they weren't great with a level. So I use it to takeoff and do my level and compass calibrations on solo and p2 now. Got tired of using business cards and cardboard under table legs last week. Obviously went overboard a bit with my box of decals and stickers afterwards but spaces work with level and both birds.image.jpg image.jpg

Rain is keeping me from using my gimbal much it's supposed to end here before too long, hope to get a couple flights in between dinner and dark.

It'd be nice figures no rain but 1 day in about a month then yesterday it rained a bit before I got it, but was dark by the time I got home and today it's raining again. I just hope it stays reasonable temp wise around here for a month or two since summer started so late anyway. I'm sure I'll be out there bundled filming in the cold too. I'm curious to see if the cold affects this thing much, last year we had record lows of around 20 below and were below zero pretty often. I'm sure those are way too cold but hopefully on the normal cold days solo does alright.

I made this and made it adjustable cause I really have few level surfaces in my house, it's older and they weren't great with a level. So I use it to takeoff and do my level and compass calibrations on solo and p2 now. Got tired of using business cards and cardboard under table legs last week. Obviously went overboard a bit with my box of decals and stickers afterwards but spaces work with level and both birds.View attachment 1226 View attachment 1227

Very ingenious leveling system!

Like those wheels huh, was going to just use the bolts then I saw the little 1/10 TC wheels sitting on my garage window sill at the last minute may swap em with some taller ones off a slash eventually. Lol

If that plexi is strong enough not to flex, you could add a small level in each direction to help level it. :)

Like those wheels huh, was going to just use the bolts then I saw the little 1/10 TC wheels sitting on my garage window sill at the last minute may swap em with some taller ones off a slash eventually. Lol

At first glance I thought they were hockey pucks! Lol

Yea it's actually surprisingly rigid, I'm doing a job at University hospital and tore a few of these out of the operating rooms, it only took a couple days to find a use for this one. I'm sure I'll use the others soon too, thought about a level, but the 4 foot seemed much more accurate than the shorter ones I tried out. I don't think it matters for solo but my p2 if it's not perfect it seems to toilet bowl bad. Happened on p2 even when I tried my 2 foot cause my 4 was at work. Maybe I'll make another for p2 and throw levels on this one for solo even in the field, only took about 15 minutes and the parts are free.

Reactions: Maddog
Nice anxious to see how the logo comes out I've been thinking about making a stencil of the logo myself for some different things. It should stay good and bright the way your going about it, it's hard to make anything stand out on top of black.

This is what I use:

Helipad

Light and fairly portable. The legs are not adjustable, but can be sunk into soft ground to level the pad. I use a cheap circle level in the center. But why I really like it is because I can take the center leg out, use that hole to mount the pad on my tripod, and regardless of the slope, I can quickly and easily have a level surface. And I don't have to bend over or kneel on the ground if my back is bothering me. Plus it is challenging to attempt to land within the circle.

Ooohh. I like that. Portable,and adjustable.
I can see somone incorporating two bullet levels in this and making it a product :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44