Jittery Video

Reaction score
Hey guys! Seems like I am posting a lot here... lol, but I really appreciate the help and assurance this community gives me! Anyways, I took my solo out today for a flight, and for the first time got actual video (my card is not good enough and am waiting for a PNY 64GB to come in soon!) I eagerly went home to check the footage and found it very jittery, I assume this is due to an improper gimbal installation... my worry is that I may have damaged the gimbal in previous flights/ small crashes, and from removing the GoPro while the solo is still on ( I know now not to do that)

So I guess my real question is, is this "normal" jitter from improper installation, or have I really f**ked up.....

Link to video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks again for all your help! I can't wait to be experienced enough to be on the other end of these posts! :)

at minimum you need to pull the battery tray and see if all the isolation balls are still in place. The cables are not touching anything

No that is not normal
also have you balanced props, are the props you are flying with nicked up?

I had video looking like that. For me it was the gimbal data cable being too stiff. I had to remove the braided sleeve and heat-shrink tubing to route it better and make it avoid touching anything.

at minimum you need to pull the battery tray and see if all the isolation balls are still in place. The cables are not touching anything

No that is not normal

No that is not normal

Can you go into a little more detail about the battery tray? I cant see any balls or any internals for that matter. Do you mean where the GPS is located?

in terms on the props, I have tipped over and had a semi crash once, props didn't have any definitive damage. But will check again and I guess pick up a set of spares to check with.

Just do the gps cover and battery tray part. You can see your gimbal from the topside them

Just do the gps cover and battery tray part. You can see your gimbal from the topside them

Took it out today for a flight after re-installing the gimbal. Flew in decently high wind, the gimbal preformed perfectly at some points, and then went back to the jitter... Is this a wind issue? Or since I did have good footage at points is there an issue with the gimbal? Will be posting a video for reference when it imports but if anyone can give a quick idea as to what is going on that would be great!

Thanks

Owen

yes a high crosswind is going to cause problems
Mine is good 10-15 mph above that and you can expect some wind vibration.

yes a high crosswind is going to cause problems
Mine is good 10-15 mph above that and you can expect some wind vibration.

here is the video, for some reason i think the compression made the jitter into waves but you can see how it goes in and out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc