I've been flying Quadcopters since 2009. I bought a 3DR Solo, first flight was today!

Reaction score
View media item 629Hi,

I've been flying r/c aircraft since I was 15 years old..we are talking late 70s'. I Shared the hobby with my sons where I Iive in a rural/suburban area in South Eastern New England. I had no problem getting a GPS lock from my yard. I was suprised how fast I got a lock when I flew out near the Mt. Hope Bay area. Usually when you fly in a different area from your previous flight it takes longer for a lock. I got a GPS Lock in 30 seconds. My Solo was ready to fly before I was. Basically all I did was fly in a circle from 300ft to 400ft. Next flight I'll fly over the estuary towards the marina. For the flight I plan on flying automunously using a mission plan generated by the Tower app. I'll stop and hover about 1/2 mile before the marina and then fly home.
here's some shots I took today. This platform is awesome. I hope 3DR sells to the hobby community just as they did back in the day off a link from diydrones.com

Once I get a good feel for what the actual battery run time is I plan on flying the Solo from
the Fishing Peer that you can barley see on my shots to Prudnce Island and then back to the Peer.
All automously... with controller standy just in case there's an issue with GPS but so far
no issues for me. I purchased the 3DR with the intent to but the ublox mn8 module and upgrade it so I can get a lock with GPS and GLOSNAS but.. I don't see a need right now.

Last edited:
AWESOME PHOTOS...your having fun with autonomous mode too...ha ha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc