Issue with video

Reaction score
Newbie and unfortunately one of my first posts is about an issue I am having. Hopefully it is just a brain fart or setting issue.

I am getting good image from the gopro with photos, but when I go to video the image is all white and almost like super high exposure?

Any ideas where to look?

I am using the recommended settings and no filters.
By "recommended settings" you mean what specifically??? Someone the other day said they were using the "latest software" and when asked the version, said 2.3 - NOT the latest software.

In other words, things like "recommended settings" and "latest software" is totally ambiguous and obviously means different things to different people.

Video works fine off the drone. No, did not do an update, unless ti did an autoupdate that i did not catch as happening amongst all my fiddling. I'll check.

Video works fine off the drone. No, did not do an update, unless ti did an autoupdate that i did not catch as happening amongst all my fiddling. I'll check.
The GoPro must be updated through the GoPro website so it won't happen with a Solo update.

I seem to remember somebody else posting about this problem. Can't remember the solution, still trying to find the post.

I found a post but it had no answers.
Sorry, I meant fiddling with the gopro checking settings directly on the camera unattached to the gimble etc.

I found a post but it had no answers.
Sorry, I meant fiddling with the gopro checking settings directly on the camera unattached to the gimble etc.
No worries. I'll keep looking and hopefully somebody will post the answer.

if you are on gopro 4 firmware and have unlocked exposure by locking shutter speed you will be over exposed
I played with it this weekend.

Look for a post soon.
I am going to set gopro at 27k60
and shoot the following
auto
then go up through the different shutter speeds no filters
the go up through the different shutter speeds with each of Peaus CP filters

just need to find the time to get it all done

Reactions: SARDG
if you are on gopro 4 firmware and have unlocked exposure by locking shutter speed you will be over exposed
I played with it this weekend.

Look for a post soon.
I am going to set gopro at 27k60
and shoot the following
auto
then go up through the different shutter speeds no filters
the go up through the different shutter speeds with each of Peaus CP filters

just need to find the time to get it all done
Pretty sure he's on GoPro v3. I was thinking if he was on v4 that could be the problem. I know somebody had this issue before- just can't find the thread yet.

Okay, I do have GP V4.01.04.00
Hero 4 Silver
Resolution 2.7K
FPS - 30
Field - Medium
Spot Meter - off
Protune - on
White balance - Auto
Color - gopro
Manual Exp - auto
ISO limit - 400
Shaprness - med
EV Comp -0

Reactions: Maddog
Thank you for the details... now we're getting somewhere. ;)

...not with me however as I have not updated my GP to v 4 and am unfamiliar with the menu structure and selections available with the update. Your settings however, look straightforward.

There is a lot of discussion on exposure and other issues with v 4 on this board, but many GP users of any version in general have been using lower EV settings (to -2) and ND filters up to ND32. If ISO was locked at an inappropriate value in v 4, that would certainly require ND filters.

Release notes for v 4 are below. Perhaps if you don't need any of those features, you may want to go back to v 3.x. In v 3.x, in Video mode, menu settings are separate for Video and for Photo - I don't believe you could be confusing those. v 3.x is said to be more "automatic", whereas v 4 has been applauded by real cinematographers as having infinite control.

Perhaps someone else who has solved this problem, and is running v 4, can help you.

HERO4 Black/Silver update v04.00.00

Performance Improvements
  • Protune™ improvements:
    • Adds the ability to lock the shutter speed for greater control under different motion and lighting conditions. The Shutter setting is available for videos.
    • Adds additional White Balance settings to allow for finer adjustments when optimizing for cool or warm lighting conditions. Available for videos and photos.
    • Adds additional ISO control settings. Adds additional ISO options, adds the ability to lock the ISO setting for video and set an ISO range for photo capture.
  • Adds additional Bluetooth functionality to support the Works with GoPro program.
Usability Improvements
  • Adds the ability to add/remove HiLight Tags directly from the touchdisplay*
  • Adds the ability to quickly move to the next or previous HiLight Tag in a video*
  • Media filters** add the ability to sort content in the gallery (thumbnail) view by videos or photos so you can find specific content faster. Filters, the slideshow option, and the ability to delete multiple files can be accessed from the Menu icon in gallery view.
General Improvements + Bug Fixes

• Fixes stability with video playback over HDMI
  • Improves time lapse stability and interval accuracy
  • Improves camera and smartphone reconnections
  • Fixes intermittent audio issues with Periscope

Reactions: Maddog
Yeah @SARDG , it would be nice to be able to upgrade my gp4 to v4 and use those new features but i cant since it crops in within solo app preview...anybody want to buy a 3 month old solo, 4 batts, a piece of _____ gp4 and a nanuk hard case and a military molle pack system the nanuk fits in...and fpvlr antenna and some alfas and some props and

Reactions: Brendon Baddiley
Yeah @SARDG , it would be nice to be able to upgrade my gp4 to v4 and use those new features but i cant since it crops in within solo app preview...anybody want to buy a 3 month old solo, 4 batts, a piece of _____ gp4 and a nanuk hard case and a military molle pack system the nanuk fits in...and fpvlr antenna and some alfas and some props and

It would be nice to have the extra features

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks