Is this normal for a gimbal?... if not what's wrong

Reaction score
So with the unit on my gimbal wants to sit where the gp is looking left a little. If I move camera angle down all the way and back up, it's got about 3-4 seconds lag before it resets to center

Attachments

• IMG_0789.JPG
    IMG_0789.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0790.JPG
    IMG_0790.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0791.JPG
    IMG_0791.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0792.JPG
    IMG_0792.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0793.JPG
    IMG_0793.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0794.JPG
    IMG_0794.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
I can't really tell, but maybe the arm is a little tweaked? Your description sounds a bit like axis-swapping.

Of course it can occasionally be that the weights aren't installed when they should be. But that looks like a GPH4Black so it shouldn't need any weights.

I can't really tell, but maybe the arm is a little tweaked? Your description sounds a bit like axis-swapping.

Of course it can occasionally be that the weights aren't installed when they should be. But that looks like a GPH4Black so it shouldn't need any weights.
Well oddly enough, I put both weights on and it's working fine again (throwing hands up)

So with the unit on my gimbal wants to sit where the gp is looking left a little. If I move camera angle down all the way and back up, it's got about 3-4 seconds lag before it resets to center
Your flip pictures really doesn't convey the problem well. Got a video?

@just_bruce I'm not stalking you, just interested in the same subject. Great observations.

It almost looks like something is pressing down the gimbal on the back right side and/or pushing up on the left. Isolators loose maybe...

@just_bruce I'm not stalking you, just interested in the same subject. Great observations.

I mean, I *am* worthy of stalking, what with my beautiful, luscious, wonderful....uh...err....

Never mind.

AHEM

I'd also check your cable routing. I have one time seen the HDMI cable routed with a kink in it that pushed down on one side of the gimbal. Not common, but not hard to check, either.

Reactions: RichWest

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl