Is anyone flying on AC 3.6 yet?

Reaction score
I installed it on the Green Cube Solo about 3 weeks ago. Haven't done a whole bunch of flying in South Florida due to the weather (it's the rainy season now). Hopefully I can get some flights in this weekend.

I actually like the way it flies. Without changing any parameters, it glides to a stop. I updated the braking parameters as suggested by Matt in the Facebook thread, and it now feels more like it did with Open Solo 3.0.0.

One thing i noticed is that the parameter for vertical acceleration had a low value, something like 133, when the max is 500 (cm/s). It had very slow vertical acceleration. I checked it against the Open Solo parameter on my stock quad, and that value is 400, so I changed the Green Cube Solo to 400. Much better now.

One thing I cannot do is enable RTL. Anyone had any success with this? I don't see it as a flight mode that can be enabled in Solex. :(

Reactions: XevetS
Have you tried changing these parameters in the solo app for RTL? Why on earth are they still using Face-Book?? Sheeesh
I just checked FS_GCS_ENABLE and FS_THR_ENABLE. Both are supposed to have a selection for Smart RTL in the drop down menu, but neither do. Is there another parameter I should be looking at?

In rover 3.4.0 I can enable smart RTL by setting one of the mode switches to 12 which is smart RTL, I can control the mode through the paddle. (Smart RTL is a switchable Mode)

I.E. I set MODE_CH to 6 and set the mode1 for instance to 12 this will enable Smart RTL when the gimbal paddle is at position 910-1230 and above 2049 position... Hope that makes sense?
smart rtl.jpg
solo-rover-one.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed.it.Ed
Cant you change this parameter by using the sliders in the Solex or Solo app?
FS_GCS_ENABLE and FS_THR_ENABLE
I'm fairly certain those parameter should be set for 4 for RTL or 5 for land

Smart RTL Mode — Copter documentation
I was trying to change those parameters in Tower (because the Solex app hadn't been updated yet), but the drop down menu's did not have 4 and 5 as options, for some reason.

When I first installed AC 3.6 three weeks ago, Smart RTL did not show up as a flight mode that could be assigned to button A or B. When I checked it this weekend, it was there. I assigned Smart RTL to button B. Looks like Solex wasn't fully updated when I first installed AC 3.6.

In any case, I now have it, and I got it working :)

I'm going to try this on my green-cubed solo also, after you test it out first of course ;)

Oh one thing, it did not work to well on my Solo-Rover-1 when I switched into Smart-RTL the Rover took off like a bat outta hell made a beeline for my Subaru and drove underneath and proceeded to rip the GPS mast clear off lol..:eek:

It promptly disarmed after that so the fail-safe works..Glad it wasn't my Green-cubed Solo that sure would of been interesting..

I'm going to try this on my green-cubed solo also, after you test it out first of course ;)

Oh one thing, it did not work to well on my Solo-Rover-1 when I switched into Smart-RTL the Rover took off like a bat outta hell made a beeline for my Subaru and drove underneath and proceeded to rip the GPS mast clear off lol..:eek:

It promptly disarmed after that so the fail-safe works..Glad it wasn't my Green-cubed Solo that sure would of been interesting..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If you don't mind What braking parameters do you update? I do not log into facebook for any reason lately...Thanks in advance
Here is P2P's (Matt) post in the Facebook thread:

I was tinkering with the new LOIT_x parameters today trying to get them smoothed out for the Solo's flight characteristics. The following seems to be good. Really windy today, so hard to be certain to tune further.
LOIT_ANG_MAX: 30 (about the highest angle you can get without losing altitude, corresponds to the 1300 speed below)
LOIT_SPEED: 1300 (30mph, about as fast as it will go without losing altitude)
LOIT_ACC_MAX: 175 (Speed change acceleration rate)
LOIT_BRK_ACCEL: 200 (Braking acceleration rate)
LOIT_BRK_JERK: 400 (Transition from brake to go acceleration)
LOIT_BRK_DELAY: 0.25 (Time the stick must be centered for braking to begin)

In rover 3.4.0 I can enable smart RTL by setting one of the mode switches to 12 which is smart RTL, I can control the mode through the paddle. (Smart RTL is a switchable Mode)

I.E. I set MODE_CH to 6 and set the mode1 for instance to 12 this will enable Smart RTL when the gimbal paddle is at position 910-1230 and above 2049 position... Hope that makes sense?
View attachment 8917
View attachment 8916

Cool rover!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc