iOS apps for Solo

Wow Erik- I thought you were in my brain on this one! I totally agree to keep it simple and easy to use. (It appears to be that way now).
Don't try to compete with Tower- we don't need another one. Sometimes Tower is a little overwhelming, so something more advanced than smart shots but easier than Tower would be great!

Airnest looks like it is more "fun" than Tower. Tower is a great program but not really "fun" to program a flight. Airnest would be a great fit!
Thanks! Simple is actually our credo, we will never give up the simplicity in our app, this is the most important thing to us. We are working on new features but the way we organize our app is each feature or set of features are wrapped into their own tool rather than integrated into the existing simple tools. This way a user has a choice to use an extremely simple tool like our path tool, or use our upcoming Plan tool which will be more advanced. With Path as it is, I can shoot an entire location out on one battery because I can so quickly and easily build a range of flight plans. If you want to see it in detail I will add a walk through video to this post.

It's funny but everytime we advertise our app we get the obligatory comment "Tower has done this for years." That doesn't bother us though, because we know there is a market for doing things without all the complexity.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Maddog
Thanks! Simple is actually our credo, we will never give up the simplicity in our app, this is the most important thing to us. We are working on new features but the way we organize our app is each feature or set of features are wrapped into their own tool rather than integrated into the existing simple tools. This way a user has a choice to use an extremely simple tool like our path tool, or use our upcoming Plan tool which will be more advanced. With Path as it is, I can shoot an entire location out on one battery because I can so quickly and easily build a range of flight plans. If you want to see it in detail I will add a walk through video to this post.

It's funny but everytime we advertise our app we get the obligatory comment "Tower has done this for years." That doesn't bother us though, because we know there is a market for doing things without all the complexity.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Looks super great. The only "must have" missing feature is the ability to set an altitude for your point of interest. For example if you wanted to keep the camera targeted at the top of a lighthouse, rather than its base.

Reactions: Ian [P13]
Was going to buy an Android tablet just to be able to use Tower. Id be game to be a beta tester; definitely interested! Keep us updated on the progress.

As you draw the flight paths, are you able to edit at all?

I would be interested in it if it offered useful functionality not present in the existing App. For me, the Solo is primarily a camera platform, so anything that would further that cause would be great.

Justin, I am new to this forum and drones. I choose Solo for the ease of filming etc. You app looks great and as the others have said, I would definitely look at purchasing it for the right price. With that said, 3DR's recent announcement of Multipoint and Follow with Free Look might compete with your application. Thoughts...

Ahh, i got you, 10 to 12 is a lot, understood why you might be burned out.
Ya I think he means Android which has always been lacking in stability department. One of the biggest reasons why people only use & trust iOS with their $1,000+ dollar drones I think. Even after almost 750 flights with my 3DR Solo, it never once has done something I didn't tell it to do and the app on iOS has never crashed. It would be so awesome to have a great mission planner on iOS that can be trusted though because I think that is what's everybody is looking for.

Hi, I am one of the Co-founders of Airnest. I wanted to post this and see what iOS apps the community has available and are using for the solo's.

To be perfectly honest I am trying to gauge whether or not there is a market for us making our Airnest app available for 3dr solo, if it would have any interest from Solo pilots.

+1 as both a beta tester and purchaser. iOS needs to have this type of capability.

Hi, I am one of the Co-founders of Airnest. I wanted to post this and see what iOS apps the community has available and are using for the solo's.

To be perfectly honest I am trying to gauge whether or not there is a market for us making our Airnest app available for 3dr solo, if it would have any interest from Solo pilots.
Count me in. Need cash?

Reactions: bluesgeek

Did this ever make it to Solo drones?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44