Intermittant Live Video Feed - Post 1.2.0 Update - Help!

Reaction score
Website
www.flyingfatcats.com
I have exhausted all troubleshooting for the live video feed problem on my Solo with GoPro Silver. All seemed to occur after the last 1.2.0 software update. The video works on the ground, but as soon as I Fly, the video starts to get intermittent. On my tablet, I see half screens, top/bottom split screens, then again full screens. This occurs even when Solo is 100' AGL just over my head. Any clues on this?, I have a 'gig' today and this is really driving me nuts! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Thats the HDMI cable Chip. A few of us have had exactly that fault.
A quick temporary fix would be to discon/reconnect the hdmi cable inside Solo, that might get you working again. But ultimately you will need to change the cable itself.
If you arent the techo type, get onto 3DR and get the cable replaced.
Good thing is there isnt actually anything seriously wrong with the drone at all, just a dodgy cable.
Goodluck. Let us know how you get on.
R.

Thats the HDMI cable Chip. A few of us have had exactly that fault.
A quick temporary fix would be to discon/reconnect the hdmi cable inside Solo, that might get you working again. But ultimately you will need to change the cable itself.
If you arent the techo type, get onto 3DR and get the cable replaced.
Good thing is there isnt actually anything seriously wrong with the drone at all, just a dodgy cable.
Goodluck. Let us know how you get on.
R.

Again, thanks for your input. Still, I cannot understand what I would call a 'static' cable failure, one that does not move and in a fixed position. I will try what you recommend, however the problems only happened after the 1.2.0 update, that's what had me worried. OK, back to hardware and will inspect all connections using a lope. Let you know how it goes.

Cheers

I have the same issue. In one day and between flights it went from a super solid video feed to a super crappy intermittent feed, even at close range. However, mine started about a week prior to the update so for you it's possible it's just a coincidence on the timing. 3DR made me send it in to them for repair and I'm still waiting to get it back.

I have the same issue. In one day and between flights it went from a super solid video feed to a super crappy intermittent feed, even at close range. However, mine started about a week prior to the update so for you it's possible it's just a coincidence on the timing. 3DR made me send it in to them for repair and I'm still waiting to get it back.

That sure is not an option for me right now, I HAVE to have mine next week for a private event I've been waiting for for a month. Still going to try to fix myself... Let me know what 3DR found on yours when you get it back please.

Cheers

So I got it back and took it out for a short spin. So far the video feed is solid again. They replaced the HDMI cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I got it back and took it out for a short spin. So far the video feed is solid again. They replaced the HDMI cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that's good news. BTW: do you have a gimbal?

I'm wondering if us, prior to gimbal install - plugging and un-plugging the HDMI at the GoPro end might have 'worn out' the connector? Should not have or just a cheap cable, period. Don't know. A fellow Solo driver sent me his, fixing to install it after test flight this morning - I re-seated the original and going to give that a shot.

Cheers

Well that's good news. BTW: do you have a gimbal?

I'm wondering if us, prior to gimbal install - plugging and un-plugging the HDMI at the GoPro end might have 'worn out' the connector? Should not have or just a cheap cable, period. Don't know. A fellow Solo driver sent me his, fixing to install it after test flight this morning - I re-seated the original and going to give that a shot.

Cheers

Yes, I have a gimbal. I got the gimbal the same day I got the Solo so there's no chance it wore out the connector as it's only been removed maybe 3 times. I also find it odd that it worked fine for awhile and then it didn't. From my experience a cable works or it doesn't. I'm not sure how it went bad as it definitely wasn't strained or anything.

FYI - when I opened up the box my GPS cover, battery latch, latch button spring, and one of the small screws for the battery tray were loose in the crate. WTF? At first I thought my GPS cover was missing but I eventually found it wedged into the top part of the crate lid. Not very happy about that and it makes me wonder what else wasn't put back together correctly.

edit: On a positive note about their service they were fast and gave me a couple sets of props!

Last edited by a moderator:
Those connections are very tiny on those connectors. Vibrations can break the connection, and then cause an intermittent connection thereafter.

I think I have this happening as well. Don't really want to have to ship it back.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Have the same problem as well, will replace the cable and hope that this will fix my problem too!

did you get it back ? what waws turnaround time?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986