Inspire 1 vs GoPro 4 camera quality

Here is the inspire camera in the Philippines. Have you ever seen any GoPro video like this?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I've seen a lot of GoPro footage better than that, but then I find most drone footage to be pretty boring. Anyway, its all about what you do in post. Here is something shot on a Session.

Reactions: Toiletbowl
I've seen a lot of GoPro footage better than that, but then I find most drone footage to be pretty boring. Anyway, its all about what you do in post. Here is something shot on a Session.

This professional marketing footage.. Not sure anyone here can reproduce this quality AND don't be fooled by the "content" anything with a lot of action and movement will provoke a different response than something smooth and swooping.

In my opinion. The video I'm linking is far more special than the video of all the action and it also shows what an I1 camera can do. We can go back and forth all day with videos of each. The bottom line is, what can you do with the tools that you have?

This professional marketing footage.. Not sure anyone here can reproduce this quality AND don't be fooled by the "content" anything with a lot of action and movement will provoke a different response than something smooth and swooping.

In my opinion. The video I'm linking is far more special than the video of all the action and it also shows what an I1 camera can do. We can go back and forth all day with videos of each. The bottom line is, what can you do with the tools that you have?

how about this guy purely cinematic his using gopro but the help of lut files the video is more epic than I1, yuneec, flexidrone, popcorn etc whatever ^_^ he intent to land like dragging into the airport lololol

Last edited:
how about this guy purely cinematic his using gopro but the help of lut files the video is more epic than I1, yuneec, flexidrone, popcorn etc whatever ^_^ he intent to land like dragging into the airport lololol

Obviously you've neither read or understood anything that I've said previously so with that. I'm done.

Yeah, like I said, "its all about what you do in post"

In fact I chose that video to make that very point. It was shot on a GoPro that can't match the specs of the camera on the Inspire 1, and yet it looks much better... because it was professionally color corrected/graded... and because its not another boring drone video.

The bottom line is, what can you do with the tools that you have?

So lets talk about that a little bit. The Inspire 1 is really best suited for 2 operators. One to fly and one to operate the camera independently. It's pretty obvious that both the OP's video and the Venice video were shot by a single operator because in every shot, the camera feels locked to the flight path of the drone. There are also minor, but noticeable yaw wobbles and side strafing throughout - when the pilot makes tiny course corrections. In the Venice video, its pretty noticeable that he didn't quite nail most of the wrap around (orbits) of monuments. Because the pilot is a smart guy, he kept most of his shots very simple.

A single operator using a Solo would have made short work of those monument wrap arounds. Furthermore he could have added some really interesting shots with smooth easing on multiple axis of rotation - something that is difficult even with 2 expereinced operators on a $20,000 professional drone.

On the other hand, without the motion flow/sonar on the Inspire, a Solo operator would have had a lot of trouble operating in those tight canals with buildings on either side.

So in terms of what you can do with the equipment you have, I think I can do more with a Solo, but the Inspire is cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jubalr
Yeah, like I said, "its all about what you do in post"

In fact I choose that video to make that very point. It was shot on a GoPro that can't match the specs on the camera on the Inspire 1, and yet it looks much better... because it was professionally color corrected/graded... and because its not another boring drone video.

So lets talk about that a little bit. The Inspire 1 is really best suited for 2 operators. One to fly and one to operate the camera independently. It's pretty obvious that both the OP's video and the Venice video were shot by a single operator because in every shot, the camera feels locked to the flight path of the drone. There are also minor, but noticeable yaw wobbles and side strafing throughout - when the pilot makes tiny course corrections. In the Venice video, its pretty noticeable that he didn't quite nail most of the wrap around (orbits) of monuments. Because the pilot is a smart guy, he kept most of his shots very simple.

A single operator using a Solo would have made short work of those monument wrap arounds. Furthermore he could have added some really interesting shots with smooth easing on multiple axis of rotation - something that is difficult even with 2 expereinced operators on a $20,000 professional drone.

On the other hand, without the motion flow/sonar on the Inspire, a Solo operator would have had a lot of trouble operating in those tight canals with buildings on either side.

So in terms of what you can do with the equipment you have, I think I can do more with a Solo, but the Inspire is cool.
Agree 100%. Nothing at all against the Inspire 1, it's just that the camera is not in fact superior.

Obviously you've neither read or understood anything that I've said previously so with that. I'm done.
Whoa. Grumpy much. You have to admit the video he posted is the best quality posted on this thread so far. Much superior to the OPs video or the one shot in Venice. So whats your beef?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44