Inspire 1 vs GoPro 4 camera quality

Reaction score
I have been checking out the DJI camera versus the GoPro 4 and to me it looks like the DJI 4K video is much clearer with no fisheye. Am I wrong? Also, I appreciate the first Gimbal videos posted here but none of them seem to be posted in 4K. Why?

Last edited:
Here is the inspire camera in the Philippines. Have you ever seen any GoPro video like this?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here is the inspire camera in the Philippines. Have you ever seen any GoPro video like this?

yes gopro can do, because during the inspire taking footage was a sunny day it's the same in a gopro that why in philippines aerial footage are more stunning because of the weather condition so bright and clear without any video editor software. i have a footage in gopro but different location same as like that.

Last edited:
yes gopro can do, because during the inspire taking footage was a sunny day it's the same in a gopro that why in philippines aerial footage are more stunning because of the weather condition so bright and clear without editing any video editing software. i have a footage in gopro but different location same as like that.
If it's in 4K I would love to see it. Hey bro, where do you live? I go to Asia often. Very good people. :)

If it's in 4K I would love to see it. Hey bro, where do you live? I go to Asia often. Very good people. :)
i live in the island BORACAY in a visayan region part of philippines, did you see on my video
in the back side part those a lot of kitesurfing stuff thats was a sunny day although i made this video for my first attempt how to do it but i have no idea or any experience in video editing my aerial footage not good.

I shot mine In 4K with rectilinear lens (no fisheye). I let YouTube down render it to 1080.

FYI, the inspire and Hero 4 black have the same 12 MP CCD. The only difference is the software and lens. Inspire has more direct ISO control and RAW output, though you can get effectively the same thing done on GoPro. The GoPro has better low light operation, and you can change lenses.

If you can't get a good picture from the GoPro, it is likely because you don't know how to operate it.

I shot mine In 4K with rectilinear lens (no fisheye). I let YouTube down render it to 1080.

FYI, the inspire and Hero 4 black have the same 12 MP CCD. The only difference is the software and lens. Inspire has more direct ISO control and RAW output, though you can get effectively the same thing done on GoPro. The GoPro has better low light operation, and you can change lenses.

If you can't get a good picture from the GoPro, it is likely because you don't know how to operate it.
Really? Show me a GoPro video as good as the one I posted from the inspire 1.

Really? Show me a GoPro video as good as the one I posted from the inspire 1.
Who decides what is "good"? I am completely satisfied with all of mine. I know how they work. The botton line is you are talking about the same Sony sensor. You can choose a lense for the GoPro, and all the settings, filters, etc. There is no reason you couldn't get the identical footage from both.

PS: The Phantom 3 Pro has the same sensor... And I have that

Show me proof of better GoPro video than the video I posted please.
Proof? What is that? You didn't answer... Who decides? Me? What post is applied? What are you comparing?

Again, I know how they work.

Pro Video Coalition - DJI Aerial Camera Comparisons in 4K and 60p

And these had some differences they didn't understand in the test. The PEAU lense comes with an internal ND8 filter. You need to know that and adjust for it. That lens is also a narrower FOV. Thats fine by itself, but it is different and makes it more difficult to compare. Had they chosen a 4.35 it would be a better comparison.

In the end, all 3 have the exact same CCD. I know the video I take with a GoPro 4 in 4K and a lens with the same FOV and settings to create the same output of an Inspire or P3P at 4K will be the same video. You just get there a different way. If I shot the same thing at the same time with a GoPro 4, an inspire or P3P, I know it would look the same if I wanted them to. It isn't magic.if you know how it works.

Last edited:
Reactions: Acroduster
come on guy relax and be cool no one will win this conversation all we have to do is send drone to the sky and fun, okey?

Last edited:

great video, im still learning camera shots and editing but this definitely is giving me ideas. thanks, keep up the great shots.

great video, im still learning camera shots and editing but this definitely is giving me ideas. thanks, keep up the great shots.

oh you didnt make this i just caught up on the reading. well in that case, heres mine.
this is Pipe island in Michigan. NO gimbal, GoPro hero 3 Black 1080p 60fps.

Last edited:
Equipment means nothing (generally speaking), it's how you use it that makes the difference. You can put the same equipment into 2 different peoples hands and get 2 totally different results. The I1 camera is good the same as the go pro is good.

The Pipe Island video is decent as is the Borocay video but I doubt it shows what can really be done with a GP3 Black so it shouldn't be used as a measuring stick because other than having decent footage captured, so much more is "wrong" in the video as far as exposure, saturation, etc.

On the surface that I1 Video blows both of the GoPro vids "out of the water" just because the video was either; captured more cleanly or edited more cleanly. There's no comparison.

Here's what I know for a fact (because I own an I1 as well). That night footage had to have a lot of post production done, none of these tiny sensor cameras will capture such clean video with that amount of available light.

In the case of these promo videos and home videos with both platforms, what you see IS what you get but what you get doesn't mean that you can produce the same results.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44