information bar for save to camera roll

Reaction score
quick question about the save to camera roll feature - how do i set up the settings to only display the recording info on the top left instead of it taking over the entire top panel? I always get mixed results but i want to permanently set it to the top left corner so that its smaller.

2nd question is can i display the flight status as well to display distance from home, wifi signal, batt level, etc etc. If so, would somebody please let me know where to enable this feature? Thx in advance for the tip! oh and im using galaxy s5 if that matters

what i want

13322140_1146794915391780_7235538646841664532_n_zps4reojm5s.jpg

do not want

13325719_1146794948725110_7412085680837675216_n_zpsd7l9t36p.jpg

another question, why is it that the save to camera roll only transfers the footage to my phone around 20% of the time even though my phone and sd car has plenty of storage space available? Majority of the time the feature doesn't work at all, as in no video saved to phone

another question, why is it that the save to camera roll only transfers the footage to my phone around 20% of the time even though my phone and sd car has plenty of storage space available? Majority of the time the feature doesn't work at all, as in no video saved to phone

First question, I don't think you can. It's actually a bug and I've been getting that too. The second picture is the intend view.

Second question, it's supposed to do that already when you fly. However, it will not show up in either the live preview video (which is what I'm guessing you pulled these screenshots from) or the high quality copy on the GoPro.

Third question, Save to Camera Roll is a misleading feature for everyone of all skills, in my opinion. It only saves the live video preview to your gallery which is probably not what you want. If you want the actual high quality video, you need to pull them off of the GoPro itself.

If you don't like number three, send in a support request to 3DR to request a feature to remotely enable the GoPro's wifi while the Solo is disarmed. ;)

Now, if you want to overlay information you can use something like DashWare.

Second question, it's supposed to do that already when you fly. However, it will not show up in either the live preview video (which is what I'm guessing you pulled these screenshots from) or the high quality copy on the GoPro.

Yes you are correct, the flight info as well as signal and battery levels are already displayed on the live preview but what I'm trying to accomplish is to have those information as well on the video that gets transferred to the phone from the save to camera roll feature. I do not want any of this info at all on my gopro HQ video, but only want them on the save to camera roll video

Third question, Save to Camera Roll is a misleading feature for everyone of all skills, in my opinion. It only saves the live video preview to your gallery which is probably not what you want. If you want the actual high quality video, you need to pull them off of the GoPro itself.

If you don't like number three, send in a support request to 3DR to request a feature to remotely enable the GoPro's wifi while the Solo is disarmed. ;)

Now, if you want to overlay information you can use something like DashWare.

I'm aware that the HQ gopro videos is what I will use as final product but the reason why I want the save to camera roll videos to always work is to have some insurance saved to my phone gallery. If ever I encounter a crash (especially non-pilot error) where the drone and gopro is irrecoverable (on water for example) then it would be easier to justify my case to 3dr with the save to camera roll videos on my phone gallery, especially if this video also displayed the key items like flight info and signal levels (what i want for question #2) in addition to just the battery info. Sure I can simply send the flight logs but the videos would warrant my case better.

In that case, DashWare will do exactly what you want. :)

I do wish there was an option to just write it directly to the live preview video because I would love to quickly look back and review the signal strength and distance traveled, etc.

Something to hope for in a future release or a 3rd party app, I suppose.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado