I'm on the fence.....Solo vs Phantom 3

That's not wind. It's being propelled in that direction. And switching to manual mode manually sounds good but most cases I have seen they didn't have a chance.

That's not wind. It's being propelled in that direction. And switching to manual mode manually sounds good but most cases I have seen they didn't have a chance.

Yea in 3DRs video probably not.

That video ... it was the pilot ... the drone was facing her and she pushed the stick the wrong way... I bet my lunch on that.

The tone of her voice as she answered to "what happened?" She was covering ... she knows it was her own fault.

I been on the fence too. I know support is better but geez I don't want to have to use them. Everyday brings another video of another incident. The Facebook page is blowing up. Sure some peeps are not having issues but since it's random they could be next. The latest video is what appears to be a 3dr rep giving a demo flight. It takes off hard right and hits somebody.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
this is what happens when you fly in confined space.
solo was coming toward her and she got a case of the Dumb Thumbs.
CRASH.
fly in large open areas.

That bird was in a hover. It suddenly banked. On its own I said banked hard right. It was not wind or pilot.

I replayed it several times. It was very easy to see that the Solo was pointed towards her and she didn't reverse the sticks in her head. Just before it hit the truck, you can see she started to put the correct correction in, but was too late.

Honestly I have been in that spot myself which is why I still land with the bird facing away. It doesn't take much backwards stick movement to ruin your day.

I replayed it several times. It was very easy to see that the Solo was pointed towards her and she didn't reverse the sticks in her head. Just before it hit the truck, you can see she started to put the correct correction in, but was too late.

For sure she was nose in no question. It was in a hover. Why would she go right or left at all especially in a high angle and that speed. It zoomed hard right.

I don't know this for a fact but pretty sure the Solo "wifi" is only the connection from the tablet/phone to the controller. Both use similar "RF" technology on the same frequencies. They just use different protocols to do it on that frequency.
Solo does indeed use wifi for connection between the controller and Solo for both commands and video stream. Standard wifi protocols and standard wifi Atheros chipset.

Seems like 90% of these crashes are related to Gps signal loss or degradation....
3DR support is calling this "GPS bug" which shall be supposedly fixed no later than in two weeks. I hope it will be sooner.

Solo does indeed use wifi for connection between the controller and Solo for both commands and video stream. Standard wifi protocols and standard wifi Atheros chipset.
Do you have any documentation on this? Not sure what you mean standard WiFi protocols. Please elaborate.

I have no doubt this is the case on the Controller to Tablet/Phone.

Do you have any documentation on this? Not sure what you mean standard WiFi protocols. Please elaborate.

I have no doubt this is the case on the Controller to Tablet/Phone.

I saw this mentioned somewhere else too. I mean it may be 2.4 but it's not like it's your everyday run of the mill consumer wifi to control the solo. If so there's your range issue lololol

It's just no really fair to compare as the P3 is a 3rd generation product and the Solo is a first generation. I'm still flying my P2/Zenmuse/GoPro set up and it works great. My conclusion from watching both the DJI and 3DR chat boards is until 3DR fixes what appears to be a problem with the Solo flying in confined areas (an area were a Phantom would not have a problem), the Phantom is still more reliable choice at this point in time. I hope 3DR will better their product such that it becomes the better choice.

so should i not fly my solo until this gets fixed?

I wonder if that mans camera created some kind of interference with the wifi, GPS????

so should i not fly my solo until this gets fixed?
I don't know Dirby. I wouldn't have been comfortable flying around all those people, kids, congestion. Fly in wide open spaces.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44