I want to thank everyone who help point me in the tight direction to get my Solo in the air. I dug out an older phone running Android 6.1.1

Reaction score
Now for the next hurdle.
So, how involved is it going to be to put OpenSolo 4 on 1or both of my 'copters?

I'd think you could search 'OpenSolo 4' on this forum, do a little reading, and then discover that you have your answer....

But that's just me. Old, curmudgeonly, and expectant.

Reactions: makatanav
Awesome! Glad you got your Solo flying! :) Installing Open Solo 4 isn't too hard. But you do have to read all the way through that install page and follow the directions exactly. For example, you have to connect your device running Solex to the WiFi of the Solo, and then switch it to an Internet connected WiFi BEFORE going to the Firmware upgrade menu on the left hand side or it won't populate the firware options. Just as importantly, you flash the controller firmware first, then the drone, and only THEN reboot them both - after both are flashed, in that order.
So it's not hard; but it is a step by step process that must be followed exactly as the install page shows.
Hope that helps give an idea of what you're in for. You can totally do it. But you will need to sit down and go line by line like a checklist. ;)

Reactions: DJMc and Dash Hewes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig