I want the option for telemetry on recorded video

Reaction score
I've seen a couple of videos on Youtube, they have their telemetry on the recorded video. At the very least I'd like to see it overlaid on my iphones recording. This way I can analyze the data later while watching the recorded flight.

I've seen a couple of videos on Youtube, they have their telemetry on the recorded video. At the very least I'd like to see it overlaid on my iphones recording. This way I can analyze the data later while watching the recorded flight.
Welcome to the forum Lyle.

You need a recording app and there isn't on for iOS that will do what you want. I looked for a long time but could never find one.

I eventually got a Nexus 7 so I could run the Tower ground control app. Android has an app called AZ Screen Recorder which works great for recording everything you see on the screen.

You need a recording app and there isn't on for iOS that will do what you want. I looked for a long time but could never find one.

I eventually got a Nexus 7 so I could run the Tower ground control app. Android has an app called AZ Screen Recorder which works great for recording everything you see on the screen.

I forgot to mention I have a 3DR Solo drone. Ok so iOS doesn't have an app to do this, any recommendations on the best device to use that can also give me recorded video with telemetry? I'm ok with getting one of the not so expensive mini tablets, and just have it dedicated to drone flying.

I forgot to mention I have a 3DR Solo drone. Ok so iOS doesn't have an app to do this, any recommendations on the best device to use that can also give me recorded video with telemetry? I'm ok with getting one of the not so expensive mini tablets, and just have it dedicated to drone flying.
You can get the Nexus 7 (2013) model on Amazon for $159. That's what I have. You don't need any service to use it.

Maddog, Are you using this AZ Screen Recorder? Can you use it at the same time you're using the 3DR App and flying SOLO without interfering with the SOLO App? I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 Tablet.

Yes you can. It's just recording the video off the tablet screen and has nothing to do with other running apps. Just don't run out of space while recording and flying.

Yes you can. It's just recording the video off the tablet screen and has nothing to do with other running apps. Just don't run out of space while recording and flying.
What Steve said- it just runs in the background like it weren't even there!

What Steve said- it just runs in the background like it weren't even there!
I sent some questions back to the apps developer to see if they have any sort of user documentation for it. Appears to have been created by someone in Vietnam. Do you know how to draw on the video in real time and also to have the tablet camera operating at the same time? I downloaded it tonight and took it out for a test and it seemed to record fine with decent resolution. I just would like to be able to draw annotations on it and then turn them off to draw different ones later in the video, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc