Alternate battery telemetry port.......

just didn't want Mike to think I could mistake a RC antenna for a magnetic compass.
I'm certain nobody here is judging anyone based on what they do or do not know or experiance, I know I don't and Mike seems to be the type of Guy that would not either, nobody can possibly know it all. Erhummm except for this guy I know personally he says he's been there done that and I mean literally everything what a piece of work he is but that's a whole other story...

View attachment 8277
So how does the link actually pinpoint my location on Goggle maps cause its real close to where I live like 10 minutes from my house?? I feel like I've been HaxoRd!!!! Lol...I think??

15RYR5042 is a MGRS (US MIL version of Lat/Lon) coordinate that identifies 1 square kilometer 4K west of my house and inside the city limits of the bustling metropolis of Crystal Springs Mississippi.

The way I got to that grid coordinate was by copying 15RYR542421, from my 3DRP profile (It’s a spot near my house) and inserted it in the post. Then I figured that someone may decipher my code, so I decided to send them somewhere in town instead of a random patch of bamboo and oaks near me. To do that, I truncated it to 15RYR5442, reducing the accuracy to 1000 meters instead of 100, then changed 54 to 50, which moved the location 4 kilometers west (here).

I did that, not to point out any particular spot or house, I just figured that would modify the grid enough to the west to put it inside the city limits. Turns out, I was right.

Am I clear as mud?

I didn't take into consideration that there would still be a link attached to it post C&P, so that’s where my mistake (again) turned into your confusion.

3DRPilots automatically assigns a Google Maps link to whatever you put as your location in your profile, so the weird part (for you) started because Google Maps doesn't recognize MGRS, and defaults to the location of your IP address. I'm at work right now, so when I click the link, it goes to a google maps error page but the map shows Jackson, Ms. Put it in the search bar on Google Earth Pro and you'll be good to go.

Are you tracking like a Javelin?

Last edited:
View attachment 8277

15RYR5042 is a MGRS (US MIL version of Lat/Lon) coordinate that identifies 1 square kilometer 4K west of my house and inside the city limits of the bustling metropolis of Crystal Springs Mississippi.

The way I got to that grid coordinate was by copying 15RYR542421, from my 3DRP profile (It’s a spot near my house) and inserted it in the post. Then I figured that someone may decipher my code, so I decided to send them somewhere in town instead of a random patch of bamboo and oaks near me. To do that, I truncated it to 15RYR5442, reducing the accuracy to 1000 meters instead of 100, then changed 54 to 50, which moved the location 4 kilometers west (here).

I did that, not to point out any particular spot or house, I just figured that would modify the grid enough to the west to put it inside the city limits. Turns out, I was right.

Am I clear as mud?

I didn't take into consideration that there would still be a link attached to it post C&P, so that’s where my mistake (again) turned into your confusion.

3DRPilots automatically assigns a Google Maps link to whatever you put as your location in your profile, so the weird part (for you) started because Google Maps doesn't recognize MGRS, and defaults to the location of your IP address. I'm at work right now, so when I click the link, it goes to a google maps error page but the map shows Jackson, Ms. Put it in the search bar on Google Earth Pro and you'll be good to go.

Are you tracking like a Javelin?
That's exactly what I thought had happened, it defaulted to my IP location I'm in Florida so yeah your definitely not 10 minutes away...But we probably still do know the same Guy because he claims to know everyone and everything LoL..

Reactions: Redcon1
That's exactly what I thought had happened, it defaulted to my IP location I'm in Florida so yeah your definitely not 10 minutes away...But we probably still do know the same Guy because he claims to Absolutely does know everyone and everything LoL..
FIFY

You probably should have just asked him and he could have explained about the link plus included a more in-depth MGRS explanation all while using less words.

Reactions: XevetS

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela