I need a new GoPro (hdmi port toast on my GoPro 3+ Black)

Reaction score
My GoPro 3+ Black no longer works as the hdmi port is toast. It has not broken off, but I no longer get live video. I tested with a mini hdmi cable to my TV and got nothing. This damage, it seems, has also happened to other Solo users. Maybe I damaged the port by plugging it in or removing it too harshly?? From what I read it is not fixable.

Anyways, it seems I need a new GoPro. What do folks recommend? Should I just spend the dollars and get a used GoPro 4 Black? I mainly use my Solo for mapping, but I'm hoping to play more with video this year.

With the hdmi port being a weak point, what are others doing? I think with my next gopro I will leave it permanently plugged in and just design a clip so I can get to the usb port and card without removing the hdmi plug.

EarthImage

If you like your GoPro, send it to Peau for diagnosis/repair. If you want to upgrade, get the GoPro Hero4 Black w/82* HFOV lens from Peau and load the v3 (not v5) firmware on it. I have a GP H4S w/82* HFOV (bought it with a chipped lens from eBay and sent it straight to Peau) and then I realized I didn't need the display and could shoot 2.7k 60fps with the GP H4B, so I upgraded. Most content consumption in still in 1080, and I'm sure that more than a few of us have 4k TVs at home, but having a decent frame rate is just as obvious as pixels.

If you like your GoPro, send it to Peau for diagnosis/repair. If you want to upgrade, get the GoPro Hero4 Black w/82* HFOV lens from Peau and load the v3 (not v5) firmware on it...
Peau will retain v3 on the GPs they sell if you ask them.

i've been downgrading my video on my gp4b. 1080 video is all i upload to youtube and it looks pretty good. smaller sizes and easier to process with gp studio. 1080/60. i still use a gp3 on my other 3dr. I run firmware 5 and just manually turn on the camera once i power up 3dr.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44