I messed up

Reaction score
I recently bought a GoPro hero 7 black so without thinking I sold my hero3. Then yesterday I go to hook it up to my solo and realize it doesn’t fit the gimbal. Does anyone know the best way that I can mod it and not wreck the gimbal to much in the process? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Just start cutting with a dremel. You can totally mod the 4 year old gimbal design to work with a brand new camera. Just cram it in and hot wire it up.

Reactions: timgilley
I recently bought a GoPro hero 7 black so without thinking I sold my hero3. Then yesterday I go to hook it up to my solo and realize it doesn’t fit the gimbal. Does anyone know the best way that I can mod it and not wreck the gimbal to much in the process? Any help would be greatly appreciated
The 3DR solo gimbal only works with certain models of GP3 and GP4's. No other camera is supported. You can buy a GP4 black on Amazon for about $180 last check.

Reactions: Wetstone
Actually I have that flu thing and when I'm sick I suffer from empathy and compassion.......... I'll be back to my sarcastic self by the end of the week..... I hope...

Reactions: timgilley
Thank you guys. I just put the old connection that comes with the drone for now. So I can at least use it with the new GoPro until I get around to messing with it

Thank you guys. I just put the old connection that comes with the drone for now. So I can at least use it with the new GoPro until I get around to messing with it
Please let us know what you find out, we'd all love to see what solutions you come up with! Happy Flying and hey, post some video of how it flies using the "hypersmooth" stabilization that GoPro is claiming.

Hello! New here, been reading quite a bit about the Solo. Am looking at picking up a used Solo (without the gimbal) and use static mount with my Hero 7 Black. Am not looking for full control of the H7B (yet) just want the live feed so can fly and record, will cut up the footage in post. Anyways, am I understanding the Solo can connect to the H7B with a standard cable and will be able to fly and record video?

Yup should do, you just won't have any camera control, I'd also avoid sideways movement as that will show a difference in your horizon plane and give away the fact you're not using a gimbal, but straight lines and slow yaws are your friend. You'll also need to mount the camera upside down.

Yup should do, you just won't have any camera control, I'd also avoid sideways movement as that will show a difference in your horizon plane and give away the fact you're not using a gimbal, but straight lines and slow yaws are your friend. You'll also need to mount the camera upside down.
Awesome....Ordered it up and should deliver tomorrow!

Hello! I've seen several videos of people adjusting non fitting cameras to their drones with a velcro band. I know it´s not very safe but i´ve tried velcro-ing a gps to the 3DR SOLO and it flew and returned very well. Good luck (and the dremelis always a good option)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc