How often do you Calibrate?

Reaction score
How often do you guys Calibrate the SOLO? Before each flight? 1 time only?

Just curious. My friend who has a DJI said he does it before each flight, but it seemed easy on his to do.

I did it once in my house on level surface before my second flight, but just wondering what you guys and gals think.

Thanks
Ryan G

p.s. Anything else I should be doing other than Calibrating it?

The IMU I will only calibrate if I start to see sign of needing it for example drifting to one side. The compass I typically only calibrate if I am a long distance from the last cal. between 100 and 200 miles. That is a big enough distance that the magnetic declination could be different.

I caution calibrating before every flight. the chances of getting a bad calibration and not knowing it goes up. If I have a good calibration why risk a bad one if there is no reason it needs it.

I have only calibrated once....before the first flight.

I have never calibrated mine but it works great. No issues with drift etc. and no plans to calibrate unless something changes.

Thanks guys and gals.

How do you KNOW if you have a bad calibration? I wouldn't know what to look for. I mean I only did it because it said to... So I did. No issues thus far. Just wondering.

Thanks
Ryan G

I would think it would impact how it flies. Solo may even refuse to take off until it is calibrated. That is assuming it is out of calibration.

I calibrated when I first initialized Solo, then after the firmware update. The manual states it's only needed if you get a message stating so. Yes, with my P2 I do the compass dance before every flight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M