How far do you drain your battery?

Reaction score
for my r/c lipos I wouldn't go down below 20% of usable voltage. Does that apply to the solo batteries too? The manual,says I should toss the battery if it goes all the way to 0%

Reactions: overdriver999
I haven't seen anything official, but have heard and based on the way they word their statements, that the general 20% rule for Lipos is already factored in. I haven't noticed, but what is the voltage on the battery at 20% while in a hover? If the margin was not already accounted for, I would think they would recommend not re-using a LiPo battery at something greater than 0%.

6.2.5 Flight Battery Alerts The controller monitors the Solo battery during flight and provides alerts when the battery reaches critical levels. At 25% and 10% power remaining, the controller will provide a land-soon alert recommending that you end your flight to prevent an automatic landing. Figure 6.2.5.1: Controller - Low Battery Alerts If the battery reaches 5%, Solo will Return Home to prevent a crash. After landing, turn off Solo immediately; if the battery level reaches 0% at any time, irreversible damage will occur and the battery should be recycled.

i go to 25 percent than bring it in for a landing.

Miscalculated the time for landing and came in at a scary 4%
Had a minute to wonder if it would go below 0% at all like a car might go below E of it at 0 it was a brick, felt like seconds counted

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso