How do you fly a tower mission in "negative" altitude?

Reaction score
I want to plan a Tower mission by launching over a high cliff, flying past cliff face and then lowering to video side of cliff. Tower does not allow you to set negative altitude. If my launch point (on top of cliff) is 0 feet and I want my second way point (once I am over the cliff) to descend by say 30 feet, that would require and altitude that is less (negative) than my launch altitude. Any ideas?

Mission Planner allows for a negative altitude in a WP. You could program the mission in MP and upload to Solo. Then test if you are able to download in Tower without it changing the WP settings. If not, you may still be able to use Tower strictly for the Auto command. If not, you would probably need to bring a laptop and fly the mission with MP. MP also has a feature called "Verify Height" which is part of the mission planning phase. Interesting discussion on it here..

Mission Planner allows for a negative altitude in a WP. You could program the mission in MP and upload to Solo. Then test if you are able to download in Tower without it changing the WP settings. If not, you may still be able to use Tower strictly for the Auto command. If not, you would probably need to bring a laptop and fly the mission with MP. MP also has a feature called "Verify Height" which is part of the mission planning phase. Interesting discussion on it here..
Thanks for taking the time to post a well considered reply. Not sure I am ready for MP yet but this may be a good option.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44