Tower app altitude question

Reaction score
I am flying my Iris+ at my brothers cabin in the Rocky mountains where elevation change is rapid. If I send a mission from my Tower app to the drone are all way point elevation points AGL (above ground level) from the launch point or AGL from each way point. For example, way point 2 could easily be 100 feet higher elevation than the launch point. I certainly do not want my drone flying into the side of a mountain because way points haven't corrected for ground elevation increasing.

Thanks!

Yes they will be AGL from the home position. If you use Mission Planner instead, and have an internet connection, you can make a mission that is above terrain altitude. But the terrain resolution is at best 30 meters. So even that would be dicey to rely on in a mountainous terrain.

Last edited:
Yes they will be AGS from the home position. If you use Mission Planner instead, and have an internet connection, you can make a mission that is above terrain altitude. But the terrain resolution is at best 30 meters. So even that would be dicey to rely on in a mountainous terrain.

Great...thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc