Flying in hilly terrain

Reaction score
As very new (maybe 3 hours total time) pilots, I have a question about flying in hilly terrain. If everything goes as planned, my wife and I will be flying in the Azores later in September, while on vacation. A typical launch may occur at about 1600 feet ASL. After taking off so that it is hovering 20 feet AGL or so above us, if we direct the drone so that it flies down into a valley below our "Home" elevation, while maintaining VLOS and acceptable range from Home, will it operate properly? Just wondering, would this manouvre cause the drone to think that it is about to land as we direct it to begin a descent into the valley, below the Home elevation above sea level, causing the motors to shut down ( not good)? Or will it recognize that the ground has "dropped" away from it, and the motors will keep running (good)? I recognize that this may be an uninformed question ,but we are just learning as we go, before we send our hard earned Canadian dollars hurtling down the side of a cliff. Thanks folks!!

Pedals is correct - I have done this on a number of occasions with no problems whatsoever.

Reactions: Joe Horn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986