hmmm... now this is interesting!

Hmmm looks like they have already sold out of the refurbished units. The 3DR.com store page still has the refurb unit listed, and points to Amazon. Amazon now says the item is no longer available. It was available earlier for $179.99 from seller 3DR Robotics, Inc. It's interesting to see 3DR selling refurbished Solo's directly, as I was under the impression they have exited consumer market. I bought Solo after spending several weeks researching various drones, with the understanding that 3DR support for Solo was a big question mark. It is good to see 3DR is selling parts/accessories and refurbished complete unit's, as it appears they are at least trying to continue to supply the consumer market (in a limited manner) with the parts and pieces needed to keep these birds flying :)

How did you manage to get it shipped to Uk?

I did what I normally do. Added to cart and followed the process through. When something doesn't ship to the UK it tells you there's a problem with your order. It went right through ok

Just had another look and the one direct from 3DR isn't on the first page. Select other sellers and find 3DR and try adding that to the cart

Looks like 3D Robotics is now selling refurbished 3DR Solo units to consumers thru their Amazon store! Wonder if this is a sign of things to come?

store.3dr.com - DIY & Parts - 3DR

Amazon.com - Amazon.com: Buying Choices: 3DR Solo Refurbished
I have always thought that there sure seems to be a butt load of these new never used SOLO's being offered for sale continuously. My second thought was this: What's to prevent the Chinese entrepreneurs from taking the molds, the design, the tooling, and continue to make these quads on their own? Maybe with the blessing, (or a wink and a nod, and backdoor under the table payola) from 3dr, or maybe not, but they will make them either way. SOLO is a proven design and proven seller. That is a lot of incentive to continue with the manufacture. And the Chinese love to "appropriate" proven technologies already in place. So in that way it would make sense.

Last edited:
I'm actually really surprised no other maker did the two computers
I think most manufacturers see the companion computer as an unnecessary weight penalty. To DJI, that weight could be better used for collision avoidance sensors or 10 seconds more flight time.

God I can't wait for Lithium Sulfur batteries to become commercially available...

The spare battery I ordered from Amazon arrived from USA to the UK in five days, ordered 23rd, dispatched 26th and arrived 28th. Expected date was 11th-26th July. Very impressed.

Just waiting for the V2 shield to arrive which was ordered at the same time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M