Hero4 black - suddenly no video feed

Good info.
I bet the gimbal comes with a data cable then. You probably push the HDMI cable back unto the Solo and plug it into the gimbal and plug the data cable in.
Be interesting to see what they have you do with the existing video cable as it won't be needed with the Gimbal and bus connection. Could be used with other cameras though should they be adapted.

Be interesting to see what they have you do with the existing video cable as it won't be needed with the Gimbal and bus connection. Could be used with other cameras though should they be adapted.

Well I am not positive it wont be used. I am envisioning at this point a gimbal with a HDMI female connector on the top of it (inside the Solo). Then a small cable that plugs into the data connector he was talking about. So data on one cable and video feed on existing.

Well I am not positive it wont be used. I am envisioning at this point a gimbal with a HDMI female connector on the top of it (inside the Solo). Then a small cable that plugs into the data connector he was talking about. So data on one cable and video feed on existing.
They could, but not sure why they would, The expansion bus allows for data and video on the same port. I would hope they would keep it to a single connection for simplicity and to avoid problems. I hope you that when you snap the camera into place on the gimbal, the connection is made in the back as well with no other user connection requirements.

I think you are missing my point.

Yes I expect it all on the hero port too.

But I expect two connections from Solo to gimbal inside where you cant see them. I expect existing HDMI cable to plug into the top of the gimbal. I also expect a small cable from top of gimbal to the data port on Solo board.

I think you are missing my point.

Yes I expect it all on the hero port too.

But I expect two connections from Solo to gimbal inside where you cant see them. I expect existing HDMI cable to plug into the top of the gimbal. I also expect a small cable from top of gimbal to the data port on Solo board.
OK. I see what you are saying regarding the connection to the gimbal from inside Solo. But I would still hope it is just the one cable. If not, it means they are taking the single connection from the GoPro and splitting it into 2 inside the Solo. I would prefer a small cable with a single molex type connection to the board.

Yea hard to say. It really doesnt matter to me as you cant remove the HDMI cable from the Solo without a major tear down. So plugging it into the top of gimbal is OK by me :)

It wont void the warranty. 3DR commonly tells people if they are comfortable with taking it apart they can do it and check connections or whatever.
Ok good to know, thanks
Good info.
I bet the gimbal comes with a data cable then. You probably push the HDMI cable back unto the Solo and plug it into the gimbal and plug the data cable in.
I bet that second smaller connection is just for the gimbal control (tilt only) and you continue to use the HDMI for the video connection

I bet that second smaller connection is just for the gimbal control (tilt only) and you continue to use the HDMI for the video connection

Gimbal tilt and camera control. Has to be able to control all the GoPro functions too.

One thing that looks good is the fact you won't have exposed cables that could get damaged.

That's a problem on the existing dji gimbal's. Another complaint I hear is those gimbal's are made of aluminum and bend easily.

Also looks like it might be quite easy to remove and install the camera.

Reactions: Jubalr
Also looks like it might be quite easy to remove and install the camera.

I was very pleased with that approach as well. I have messed around with several 2 & 2 axis gimbals and they all had some mickey mouse way of holding the GoPro in place. The 3DR looks like it will be a simple snap in place approach.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc