Help wanted, trying to fly my Solo indoors.

Reaction score
Locally there is a huge indoor soccer facility that several RC guys are allowed to fly in during the daytime. I would like to use my Solo to film some of the guys during flights but can't figure out how to get around the whole needing to see satellites issue. Can anyone help me with this? I have only owned my Solo for a couple of weeks and just don't know my way around all of the settings yet.
SKuhn68

you could takeoff/fly in fly:manual mode, but it's advised to do so only if you know what to do lol

Okay, so apparently you're going to make me ask??? So "Please oh wizard of all things Solo, how do I set it to fly in - Manual Mode?"

Go to the A B button setup in the app and set one of them to FLY MANUAL. This will kill GPS positioning and allow you to manually fly Solo with altitude hold.

Choose advanced flight modes to activate many of Solo's features.

Okay, so apparently you're going to make me ask??? So "Please oh wizard of all things Solo, how do I set it to fly in - Manual Mode?"
YES..Yes, you should have to ask. Because you apparently haven't read the manual [Something I consider *extremely important* when owning and utlizing a UAS.]

Also, please use the search function. Please remember that forum members are volunteering their time, and are not required to help anyone. Show the basic courtesy of having spent some of your time trying to solve the problem before asking them (us) to spend our time.

:):D

Take this as it's meant please.

You've already answered your own question in a way. Having to ask how to select a flight mode should tell you that you probably haven't yet got the depth of knowledge or experience to undertake what you're suggesting.

If you think about flying indoors, in manual mode, to film other people flying other RC aircraft, it should sound inherently not a sensible thing to do given your experience level.

Personally, given few of us have had professional training, I always take an incremental approach to broadening my skills and capabilities.

In other words, small steps might be the way ahead ?

You could maybe do what your asking, one day, given time. Personally, I never would - what's the risk/benefit?

Last edited:
I second what DJMc has said. If you're having to ask about a basic operation of the drone (manual mode) then it really sounds like you don't have the experience needed to fly safely in manual, let alone indoors in manual. It would be much safer and easier to simple film using some tripods or even a homemade zip line rather than put your drone and other people at risk. We're not saying this to be d*cks, we're saying it out of genuine concern. BTW I'm a handsome bastard with huge junk. All the women love me..... Had to add that in due to the below comment. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: mikediggs
I second what DJMc has said. If you're having to ask about a basic operation of the drone (manual mode) then it really sounds like you don't have the experience needed to fly safely in manual, let alone indoors in manual. It would be much safer and easier to simple film using some tripods or even a homemade zip line rather than put your drone and other people at risk. We're not saying this to be d*cks, we're saying it out of genuine concern.
What he said ^^^...big time.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
....BTW I'm a handsome bastard with huge junk. All the women love me..... Had to add that in due to the below comment. :D

I'm becoming too predictable..... Must throw him off the scent....

Irishman IS a Huge Junk with handsome women to love.

There. That oughta do it....

Two more cents worth. Fly outside on a calm day and stay low to the ground when you practice flying in manual. Know how to take it out of manual when it gets out of control.

Capt Obvious.

Get a different copter! Solo is not at all suited for indoor flight. Don't waste a single red cent trying to retrofit tech to "make it so".

Not sure if the guy will return to read this after those comments, but if you can get the Solo simulator app, you can practice with it.

the simulator does not simulate disaster recovery scenario.

SKuhn68-
You may want to get a jumpstart on acquiring another Solo- look in the classified section, that gimbal is gonna be tough. And while you’re out, stop by your favorite music store and grab Talking Heads.... put on your beats.
The song you will want to listen to first?
We’re on the road to nowhere.....
DOWNLOAD THE SOLO MANUAL AND READ IT!!! It will save you heartache, headache, financial hardship and possibly a lawsuit.
........just say’n.

oh yeah. And all of those drone racers dudes calling you “ a jackass.”

If you want to fly indoor, get a 180 racer or tiny whoop.

Geez. The nerve of some people. They ask for advice, you give it to them for free; and they have the audacity to give you the cold shoulder and not respond.
Guess we should have made sure he had the appropriate reading/ comprehension skills.
Hope he is at least wise.

Holy cow guys! I am sorry, I haven't been getting notifications about the responses, I must have something set wrong. I am new to this forum so bear with me, I'll get it figured out. I haven't even had a chance to read any of the responses to my question since the first one I commented on. I'll get to doing that this evening and get back to you. DON'T give up on me yet, I assure you I am not ignoring you or ungrateful for your feedback.

YES..Yes, you should have to ask. Because you apparently haven't read the manual [Something I consider *extremely important* when owning and utlizing a UAS.]

Also, please use the search function. Please remember that forum members are volunteering their time, and are not required to help anyone. Show the basic courtesy of having spent some of your time trying to solve the problem before asking them (us) to spend our time.

:):D
Yes...yes you should have to ask..... This was my response to the wisenhimer that initially responded to my plee for help. I thought by placing the question on this forum I WAS asking how to do it. I found his remark less than helpful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc