Help wanted, trying to fly my Solo indoors.

I do understand that you're not saying these things to be d*cks, no worries, it is all appreciated....alright, most of it is appreciated. And as for your last comment about you being a handsome bastard with huge junk? Just keep in mind that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and "huge" is a relative term. Lol
Like everyone is saying, without knowing your experience level we obviously don't want you flying a drone indoors on manual....... of flying a drone at all..... how do you feel about kites? :D
You have a fine collection of RC planes there, I'm sure they all have varying degree's of handling too. So practice lots with the solo in Manual mode before taking up indoor flying. Again, just don't want to see someone's eye ball sliced open with intraocular fluid seeping out and mixing with blood as they lie screaming on the ground in pain............ which reminds me, I haven't had breakfast yet.
Well, it's been a laugh, hope to do this again sometime.:p

By the way, GPS loss will result in your drone defaulting to manual mode, but the reason to have a button dedicated to manual is in the event of GPS ghosting which results in erratic behavior and handling of the drone without putting the drone into manual mode (the mythic "flyaway")(mythic because drone's rarely fly away and it's usually an operator error).

ANYWAY.... good luck!

And you're right, size is comparative and my junk is MASSIVE when comparing it to a Aerix VIDIUS drone.......

Reactions: SKuhn68
@SKuhn68 No matter what you need to disable GPS when flying indoors thats a given. Solex (The app) has an "Indoor mode Profile" I would try that out and then Post your results here, I'm sure Kelly would appreciate the feedback...The problem with not disabling GPS even if you are flying in a Non GPS mode (Say Manual or Stabilized) is "If you hit the wrong button let's assume the (Brake) button" it will switch the Solo over to "Loiter/Fly" mode and well then you gotta problem because that mode uses the now "non existent/multipathing Indoor" GPS..... Oh and if any RTL failsafes that rely on GPS kicks in such as a "controller disconnect" Buh-Bye Solo or even worse...This stuff happens at the worst possible moment. No matter how long you have been flying RC aircraft I'm sure you know this better than most here with your practical experience ...

Last edited:
Ok nobody telling this guy about the down wind that solo Produces flying at 7 to 8 m over people had a disaster waiting to happen or solo goes into a wall. Remember flying any drone without GPS you’re gonna lose altitude try Stabilize or fly mode turn down the turtle in the rabbit settings and be very easy on the Sticks .also please look into drone insurance

Love thy solo

Ok nobody telling this guy about the down wind that solo Produces flying at 7 to 8 m over people had a disaster waiting to happen or solo goes into a wall. Remember flying any drone without GPS you’re gonna lose altitude try Stabilize or fly mode turn down the turtle in the rabbit settings and be very easy on the Sticks .also please look into drone insurance

Love thy solo
Thank you mikediggs, Nobody had specifically mentioned the down draft but trust me, I feel adequate caution and warnings have been given. Most likely, I will abstain from my plan to video indoors with my Solo if for no other reason than to avoid all of the "I told you so" comments that I would SURELY get in the unlikely event something did actually happen. In my opinion it is very unlikely considering all of the parameters of the situation not to mention the incredibly small number of bystanders present that anything negative would happen. However, it is just not worth the risk or the headache at this point in time.
SKuhn68

Smart drones+ smart people equal good things
Smart drones +not so smart people equal News media scared people FAA. Plus your shot would not be that good with everybody looking up

Happy flying mate

Thank you mikediggs, Nobody had specifically mentioned the down draft but trust me, I feel adequate caution and warnings have been given. Most likely, I will abstain from my plan to video indoors with my Solo if for no other reason than to avoid all of the "I told you so" comments that I would SURELY get in the unlikely event something did actually happen. In my opinion it is very unlikely considering all of the parameters of the situation not to mention the incredibly small number of bystanders present that anything negative would happen. However, it is just not worth the risk or the headache at this point in time.
SKuhn68
If the indoor event is going to be a regular thing, I'd look into setting up static mounts, camera zip lines etc. You could also look into a smaller lighter drone for indoor use. Whereas everyone here want to prevent a disaster from happening, that doesn't mean you should stop thinking about sensible safe ways to get the shots you want. So good luck and if you think of inventive solutions to your shot, post them here!

I'd like to be clear that i wasn't saying 'Don't do it at all' but rather 'Be practiced. Think ahead. Have a plan. Fly Safely'

I've definitiely pushed the limits with flights before, but always within the law and within a safety plan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig