Help, can’t update or use drone

How can I find the firmware directory? Where does the sd card go in the controller? Is there somewhere for an sd card on the drone itself, or just the Gopro?

The only message I get from the Solex app after everything gets connected is "RC Failsafe" repeated nonstop u til.i have to shut everything down because of the nonstop.beeping and message rc failsafe repeating over and over
How do I calibrate whatever needs calibrated?

Did you go through the rest of the instructions to do all the calibrations? Is solex telling you what the error is? The sad tone is telling you that it is not ready to arm.
It asked for a compass calibration, which I did but not showing anything else. Should I just start doing calibrations? Also I’m using side pilot because I have an iPhone

maybe something with the gimbal? It is making a buzzing noise

Attachments

• 68631D84-1B37-4D28-937E-1CDD8371657F.jpeg
    68631D84-1B37-4D28-937E-1CDD8371657F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
It asked for a compass calibration, which I did but not showing anything else. Should I just start doing calibrations?
You still need to do the level calibration, and go through all the vehicle settings to make them to your liking

You still need to do the level calibration, and go through all the vehicle settings to make them to your liking

You’ve been such a help to me. I went through all calibrations and hit it in the air!
Last question. When I land, in order to take off again it won’t work unless I tune it off and then it back on again. Is that normal?
Thanks again for all your help. Seriously

Last question. When I land, in order to take off again it won’t work unless I tune it off and then it back on again. Is that normal?
No, that's not normal, but again you'll need to be more detailed in what's happening.

@Welderwes You might not want to do the SSH route then; that's going to involves some command line typing. Technically, the drone you purchased sounds like it is pretty much ready to fly - it just needs connected to the Solo App because it was likely reset at some point before you bought it.
The two easiest options would be: 1. find an older Android phone that the stock Solo app still runs on, OR use a Chromebook. The stock Solo app runs fine on one - I tried it, so you can ask around, I'm sure there's someone around you that has one to try.
Option 2 is described in the install page for Open Solo 4. That will completely overwrite all the data on the drone itself and the controller, and give you the latest Ardupilot version, etc. You will likely want to go this route eventually anyway just to get all the flight controller software updates that have occurred in the last 3 years, but you may need to purchase the Solex app on Android or the SidePilot app on iOS if that's what you use.
Hope that helps a little bit, keep asking if you need more info, I'm sure between all of use we can get you flying.

No, that's not normal, but again you'll need to be more detailed in what's happening.
After landing, if I press fly again it gives me that same sad two beeps. However if I turn it off then back on it flies - controlller still says hold fly

What error message is being displayed in Solex?

not showing any errors in side pilot. Everything looks fine. I did have some trouble with the compass calibration. Had to do it a few times, but eventually everything was fine

Attachments

• 7083F095-541F-44CA-9DFF-4872F4419274.png
    7083F095-541F-44CA-9DFF-4872F4419274.png
    349.1 KB · Views: 25
I already have the Solex app. How do I get Open Solo4 downloaded and installed on my drone and remote?

I already have the Solex app. How do I get Open Solo4 downloaded and installed on my drone and remote?
@Welderwes - That's great you have the Solex app now, it works good on modern Android OS and hardware. The Open Solo 4 install page is: Click Here.
Give that a try, and then if you need more pointers or any clarification on the steps, probably best to start a new thread for "install help" so we all don't crash Tom's thread too hard with our replies to you. ;)

Reactions: mlody

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc