HELLO SWEET BABY CAM

Quite confident. You're not going to make cinematic video with that camera on a Solo without a custom designed gimbal to carry it. Expecting a $600 camera to be sold for $200 all the time is also not reasonable.

Hey, I've got an old working 8MM camera, pretty sure if I taped it to the solo .......... it would refuse to take off due to the weight of the damn thing. Point being as unrealistic or realistic as we want to be, right here right now, the camera/gimbal options are extremely limited for the solo (regarding plug and play solutions at least). However with gimbal prices becoming more and more expensive sooner or later it might be worth someone's while to come up with a standard camera/gimbal configuration that will work at a profitable price point.

Reactions: XevetS
Ok Mr. piddlepaddle, you win- I’ll be submissive to you - left cheek or right??

okay papa Solo (piddlepaddle) - i would've explained that i was just showing the camera with maybe anyone to place it on the may try project -
anything can happen with the right minds put to work- as with the idea of drones back when there weren't any
you might try bunion pads on your heels- the pressure off your feet will give you a different outlook
XOXO

Reactions: Travelfox
Hey, I've got an old working 8MM camera, pretty sure if I taped it to the solo .......... it would refuse to take off due to the weight of the damn thing. Point being as unrealistic or realistic as we want to be, right here right now, the camera/gimbal options are extremely limited for the solo (regarding plug and play solutions at least). However with gimbal prices becoming more and more expensive sooner or later it might be worth someone's while to come up with a standard camera/gimbal configuration that will work at a profitable price point.
@IrishmanPDX I laughed so hard when I read this you are too much lol,
anyway this person attached one to their Solo using a custom mount no gimbal and probably no FPV unless that camera has HDMI Out??

EDIT: it does have HDMI out here are the specs Mini-HDMI 1.4a (clean video output up to 1080p60)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: IrishmanPDX
Problem with the above is........... people should learn to mute their video............ the other problem...... is that without a gimbal you got "Shakey Cam" effect (which just get's worse and worse with every Bourne movie..). So obviously, we need a gimbal. There's four ways this is going to go:
A: The last of the 3DR gimbals will be consumed in a crash and everyone will depart the use of the 3DR product. By the year 2020 we'll all be flying DJI products, but only 3ft off the ground due to new restrictive regulations that were never challenged because without a new Gimbal that was an effective plug and play solution, no one was taking pretty video to help champion the cause (in fact the increase in motion sickness inducing video is what probably helped restrict drone rights). That's a horrifying future by the way.

B: Someone will come up with a Gimbal solution, but it won't be plug and play. It will involve taking your drone apart, soldering wires to your controller board, some people will be able to do it while the others will be responsible for several house fires. Smart shots will be extremely limited as will any type of camera control and due to bad soldering jobs, even more 3DR's will fall from the sky and cause serious damage to people and objects. The camera's will be cheaper than the gopro option but by then who cares, as we'll all be flying DJI products 3ft off the ground.

C: Someone will come up with a Gimbal that's a plug and play solution. You may have to buy your own counterweights from a 3rd party (depending on what camera you're using) and you'll only be able to fly and operate the thing using Solex (which isn't a bad thing at all, Solex is awesome)(Can I have the geotagger upgrade for free for the great advertisement?..oh wait... I already bought it, never mind). Everyone will be farting rainbows and the world will be a happy place with this news. However it will then be revealed that the cost is about $500 or more at the outset and everyone will bitch about the price point. Half the people will screw up the install and try to get refunds which will result in the creator facing bills and eventually saying "screw it, this isn't worth my time or money". The world will become a very bleak and sololess place and eventually everyone will end up flying DJI products 3FT off the ground.

D: Since there's no other gimbal coming, the tinkerers out there will strip their solo apart, build new bodies, put 3rd party gimbals on the new builds and have limited control over them but be happy because they've upgraded the motors and made their new builds capable of lifting professional cameras that can be controlled via phone app anyway. By this time there will be more and more advanced drone parts available and people will start dumping the old 3DR hardware anyway for something more suited to their needs. Those of us not smart enough to build our own drones will end up with a garage of old 3DR solo drones and be forced to invest in DJI products (that we will have no option but to fly 3ft off the ground). Meanwhile those that have built their own drones and don't rely on DJI controlled software will be very very happy... until they are hunted down and jailed by the DJI sponsored police force.

Hey.... coffee kicked in!

200 words or less next time ;) - but very many good points
I’ve not gotten approval to go wind bagging myself so thanks for alleviating that off my itinerary
It will have to be for the love of the hobby, sport, business...

@IrishmanPDX I laughed so hard when I read this you are too much lol,
anyway this person attached one to their Solo using a custom mount no gimbal and probably no FPV unless that camera has HDMI Out??

EDIT: it does have HDMI out here are the specs Mini-HDMI 1.4a (clean video output up to 1080p60)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

When they said FPV, I didn’t think it meant aerial video with a blow dryer set on high at the mic...

da318844691ddddb94425b988009c681.jpg

I’m just gonna use what I have on hand...
for now......

A diy gimbal of course- is there not anything else to do -
Working off some extra solo funding - I’m looking for a spare with lots of accessories-
a38cc7d2860637324eaeb7b916ef9889.jpg

So neighborly repairs required

Reactions: XevetS

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc