Hello from Banff Alberta where you can’t fly a drone

Does your gimbal and hero 4 black let you monitor in 4K reliably?

• Get a black screen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Actually can view to iPhone or tablet but not record

• Can only see or monitor in lower resolution than 4 k

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
national parks in Canada more or less have a no drone policy There are exceptions hopefully I will become one at some point.
I plan to use my drones mostly to film Snowmobile and Ski films but also anything else
I have been flying solo drones carrying both a hero 4 black and a Nikon key mission 360 at the same time. I am experimenting with outer camera payloads as well.
Currently I find my camera connections to my controler pretty flaky and unreliable while I can record and fly blind I’m hoping to improve my ability to see what the cameras see while recording in 4K or high frame rates and still be able to monitor what the drone sees

Attachments

• F57A43DF-7055-48C1-A50A-2E2BF2A4F41C.jpeg
    F57A43DF-7055-48C1-A50A-2E2BF2A4F41C.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 14
Currently I find my camera connections to my controler pretty flaky and unreliable while I can record and fly blind I’m hoping to improve my ability to see what the cameras see while recording in 4K or high frame rates and still be able to monitor what the drone sees

If the problem is being caused by the known conflict between 3DR's Solo app and iOS 11, have you tried the workaround of exiting the app and restarting it WHILE recording? That makes the live video feed appear on the screen (as it SHOULD do, but doesn't, when recording starts).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986