Heat endurance?

Reaction score
So weird question only because of my OCD am I asking though.

I know you should not leave your drone in heated areas for excessive time. But how well is the drone itself for handling heat.

I only ask since I coach and I was doing some video footage at the time well I also had a game later in the day so I had to pack the drone up and and put it in my car and leave it there for about 2-3 hours.... something I would normally not do, but had no other choice other this or it getting stolen leaving it out.

Just a weird question I guess.

The point of concern related to heat is the Li-Po batteries. Relatively speaking, the bird and controller can handle heat, but like anything use good judgement.

With that said, others have placed their batteries in insulated coolers with an ice pack to help keep them cool when storing till needed. Seems effective. Hopefully others will chime in to confirm their experiences.

Here's a good read: Filter frenzy and frenetic heat

TLDR: It was 119F.
"The Lightbridge on the DJI lost functionality just before the ipad failed"
"second iPad failed"
"Autel, Prodrone, and DJI couldn't take the heat"

Solo Flew :)
I was thinking about that very post yesterday and what Douglas said when I flew a corn field at 97deg, and wondered if we have to go to iPads would it cut down on when we could fly?

Apparently :( He's not the only one who has had their ipad lock up due to heat. I'm glad I live somewhere that never gets quite that hot, but I do like to travel to places that do!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig