HDMI Output from Controller

Reaction score
Can someone provide a use case for the HDMI output from the Controller?
Hook up an external monitor, OK, I'm up for that, but outside in a wide open area where it is safe to operate Solo? Carry around a small battery operated TV?

I tried to connect two iOS devices to the video feed, did not seem to work.
Would like to utilize Follow Me and see the GoPro video output from the "Safety Pilot with the Controller" perspective. Seems to be no hard wired HDMI input to iOS or Android devices.

Anyone tried using this feature, how or what did you do?

Can someone provide a use case for the HDMI output from the Controller?
Hook up an external monitor, OK, I'm up for that, but outside in a wide open area where it is safe to operate Solo? Carry around a small battery operated TV?

I tried to connect two iOS devices to the video feed, did not seem to work.
Would like to utilize Follow Me and see the GoPro video output from the "Safety Pilot with the Controller" perspective. Seems to be no hard wired HDMI input to iOS or Android devices.

Anyone tried using this feature, how or what did you do?

You could connect it to an external portable monitor and use it for FPV as well. Some of them run on battery power.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=FPV+monitor+HDMI

You could in essence connect to any live feed. Imagine being hired for an event where you're flying overhead and showing a live feed to a live audience. Imagine yourself arriving on the scene of an accident and plugging right into a news van, etc. The possibilities are endless, once you realize what those possibilities are.

Reactions: KARTS
I actually experimented with this today.

Typically (with my other drones) I use a Black Pearl monitor mounted on a tripod with a kick ass sunshade. I hooked it up today and it worked pretty well. Certainly the visibility was better than on my iPad mini. I didn't like being "tethered" to the monitor though.

Tomorrow I'm going to hook up to the HDMI with a pair of Cinimizers ( FPV Googles). I think that should be pretty great.

Reactions: Normy norm
Goggles would be great if the would add an option to turn telemetry on for the HDMI feed.

I actually experimented with this today.

Typically (with my other drones) I use a Black Pearl monitor mounted on a tripod with a kick ass sunshade. I hooked it up today and it worked pretty well. Certainly the visibility was better than on my iPad mini. I didn't like being "tethered" to the monitor though.

Tomorrow I'm going to hook up to the HDMI with a pair of Cinimizers ( FPV Googles). I think that should be pretty great.

I thought about getting a pair of Zeiss Cinemizers as I could use them for when I travel but I see so many mixed reviews. That along with the price has kept me away but what are you thoughts on using these for FPV (non fpv racing).

Headplays are still #1 on my list.

I thought about getting a pair of Zeiss Cinemizers as I could use them for when I travel but I see so many mixed reviews. That along with the price has kept me away but what are you thoughts on using these for FPV (non fpv racing).

Headplays are still #1 on my list.

I have the Zeiss Cinemizers and really like them. They're very compact, have 16:9 oled panels, and have individual diopter adjustments for each eye. They also have HDMI and analog inputs.
Yes, they are very pricey but I use them mostly for watching movies in my home office that is very bright during daylight hours. I've only tried them once plugged into the Solo controller HDMI output and they worked just fine.

Think I'll hunt for a monocle type of fpv eyewear, switching from fpv to los would be much easier.

Edit: Found these lol! Hey why not!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

AND goggles for this in manual mode ;)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
This would be a feature used on set and on productions so clients and director can monitor shot without being on top of you.

You could in essence connect to any live feed. Imagine being hired for an event where you're flying overhead and showing a live feed to a live audience. Imagine yourself arriving on the scene of an accident and plugging right into a news van, etc. The possibilities are endless, once you realize what those possibilities are.

In several of the YouTube video's, Colin guinn has an HDMI cable connected from the controller to his tablet? What does this achieve?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feamador