Has anybody order anything from 3DR web site?

Del

Reaction score
i live in Ontario Canada..And I ordered a Solo Batery Charger... They sent me a conformation email and said its shipped and going UPS...but there was no information of a tracking number? I just got an Order Number! So just wondering if that's Normal??
I guess I'll get it when I get it??

I've ordered in the past, I can't recall getting a tracking number.

i live in Ontario Canada..And I ordered a Solo Batery Charger... They sent me a conformation email and said its shipped and going UPS...but there was no information of a tracking number? I just got an Order Number! So just wondering if that's Normal??
I ordered same but no email confirmation, just this
Date
2015-08-13
Status
Complete
Payment State
Complete
Shipment State
Ready
Yup, get it when u get it!

I ordered same but no email confirmation, just this
Date
2015-08-13
Status
Complete
Payment State
Complete
Shipment State
Ready
Yup, get it when u get it!
I got the same. So far I've ordered the Solo & Gimbal, extra battery & extra propellers from the 3DR website. I also ordered a new frame mount, but that ordered that through customer service since parts weren't available on the website at that time. I've only received the frame mount, but never got an order confirmation or tracking number (it seemed to be completely separate from my 3DR account).

Under my account on the 3D Robotics website I've got:
Status | Payment State | Shipment State
Complete | Complete | Ready for the propellers
Complete | Complete | Pending for the battery
Complete | Complete | Backorder for the Solo & Gimbal (of course I already have my Solo).

Well thank you all for your post.... Am kinda glad I'm not the only one..! So I guess it's normal if we don't get any kinda tracking number!

I ordered 3 pairs of props over 2 weeks ago. Called to check on the status because I didn't get a shipping confirmation. They said my order has been sent to Wang the prop guy over at the factory in China. He is working diligently to hand-chisel my 6 props from chunks of raw plastic. They say that unless Wang gets sick or takes a vacation my props should be ready to ship in early October, no wait November, possibly December

You cant go by their site.

I ordered in April. I have received the Solo and after a couple months returned it for refund. My shipment status has always said back ordered.

You need to call them and ask for status. Actually, if you add UPS Mobile to your phone you will know something has shipped to you before they know :)

I ordered a bunch of stuff listed in stock on the 2nd. I got ups notification shipping from China today 16 days later. I followed it up about 6 times. About a week after I ordered I got notification of credit card issues and a number to call. They used the same details and processed manually. That person spoke good English and was very professional. I emailed many times prior to that saying if any item was not in stock I offered to pay part shipping or cancel parts not in stock.

I just got the feeling they were not really setup to deal with any variations to any sort of ordering process. At the time at one point they said props was a holdup, but now it's shipping with no information to the contrary. So all in all, they probably have a bunch on their plate and distribution is not their forte.

YMMV but at the end of the day I think I'm receiving props , motor pod and spare charger .

I love the drone. Come on gimbal!

P.s I think I only got notification as I had an open case someone wanted to close

Jonw, lucky I ordered a prop balancer to check wangs work :) although I am flying at the moment with a half inch missing from the end of one prop. Seems ok. So I am dubious a fraction of a gram piece of sticky tape or prop sanding is going to be life and death ! Maybe if I am going for 2mile distance trial ;)

My shipping status has updated to 'processing'.

Solo, Gimbal, Props in one order second order was another battery. The only way to get a tracking is from customer service if it was shipped they don't have any idea of the stage where your order is located I've seen mom and dad shops with better understanding of their business

Reactions: 1264_Solo
Their communication isn't that good as people think, I ordered my solo earliest of may.
They sent me my solo FINALLY in July despite having accidentally shipped mine to someone in New Jersey. So if I didnt call it in I never would've gotten my solo, now they called me saying my solo was never charged and later said nvm they see the charge...... now they did that with my gimbal. They charged me last week and now asked me for a reauthorization to charge my card again. I was like "omg, you guys already charged me."

3DR may have a great return policy but their customer service reps in mexico need to get a grip
on wth is going on.

Last edited:
Solo, Gimbal, Props in one order second order was another battery. The only way to get a tracking is from customer service if it was shipped they don't have any idea of the stage where your order is located I've seen mom and dad shops with better understanding of their business
To bad 3DR has to Deal with China to make there Profits.. It's never Smooth Sailing Dealing with China ..And never will be..

I placed an order with them 4 days ago for a Solo replacement shell. Got an email conf of the order, but not holding breath on it shipping anytime soon.

Always seems to be "fire it & forget it" with 3DR internet ordering. They need to hire a skilled executive to oversee their eCommerce sector of the growing company, which as of now it doesnt feel like they have.

Ive been in ecommerce sales & service for 19 years now & could snap it into shape in about 4 weeks is my guess.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44