Great Flying Day

This area is without a doubt "target rich" ...

I think I am going to change the lens in my GoPro ... Tough editing out the curvature of the horizon.

I also think 3DR needs to release a "Solo DSLR" ... Great shots to be had at 200 to 400 AGL!

Reactions: Adimuzio513
Looks a lot like where I fly here in Washington State. Except I assume our bugs are smaller, and the humidity is more tolerable here as well. Beautiful area!

All that's around me is some trees and the ghetto I need a road trip soon. If the riots would have happened I'd of had target rich footage yesterday I was on a parking garage before I left debating if I felt confident enough to fly where I was.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Very nice squirrel. Kip which part of WA?
Rich, I'm in Covington, a newish bedroom community about 30 miles south of Seattle in the Cascade foothills. It was rural when I moved here, but that is quickly disappearing as Amazon, Microsoft, etc. keep expanding, the population keeps absorbing farmland.

Almost forgot why I purchased Solo ... Isn't the mountain beautiful
Nice shot indeed squirrel! Any mods done to keep the legs out of the shot and get a decently centered horizon? I haven't had much opportunity to get out and experiment with photos on the solo, but the few times that I have I've either had the legs in the shot, or had to pitch back hard and hope my time-lapse snapped a decent one. This looks too crisp to be a digital zoom.

I angled the fixed mount so that it points at the ground at about a 45 degree angle. Shooting wide the GoPro catches the the legs slightly. For this shoot I filmed and took pictures simultaneously every 5 seconds in 1080p @ 30fps. I got 228 pictures from a single flight and most were pretty good. I use photo editing software to drop and correct the horizon ... I keep performance values close to the turtle to ensure smooth flight and a stable platform. Can't wait for the gimbal.

I would really love to be able to loft my dslr camera!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44