GPS vs Manual Flying + Advanced mode

Reaction score
As some know. I am brand new to this.

I don't know if I have lost GPS signal yet, but I don't think so. My question is. What happens when you do lose signal? Does the solo just drift and what happens when you take your hands off the sticks? With GPS I think it just hovers, but what if there is no GPS?

Also what does the Advanced mode do? I can't search here (haven't figured out how) so if anyone knows, I would love to hear it.

Thanks
Ryan G

When you go to advance and turn on advance mode, it will open up new flying modes when you go to the section to assign A and B buttons. I have mine set to stabilize and drift.
When in a GPS mode and you lose GPS lock, it will go into manual/stabilize mode. It will stay close to existing altitude and just drift with the wind or your stick input. Same as putting it in stabilize mode. IF you don't know how to fly in stabilize mode, I strongly recommend that you spend some time with it. Start in an area where you have good GPS signal. Then while in a stable hover 8-10' off the ground switch to stabilize mode. Be ready to switch back by hitting the pause button.

Reactions: rrmccabe
but what if there is no GPS?

Everything @Jubalr said but I want to add the when the above happens the Solo SHOULD act exactly the same as with GPS but move with the wind. So if you have a 5mph wind the Solo moves that direction about 5 mph. This can be an issue and catch you off guard as it wont hold like when you let off the sticks.

To compound the issue when you come over the top of house or around corner you can get some extra strong current.

But do as @Jubalr said, flip on advanced and fly around in manual. You WILL need it someday.

Thanks guys.. This is what I needed to know. Good stuff.. I will start practicing with this asap.

Thanks
Ryan G

I personally would not practice manual mode with a $1000 plus toy. I would use a $50 toy like the Sigma X5C. Once you know how to fly manually without GPS, flying the Solo is just icing on the cake.

Thanks guys.. This is what I needed to know. Good stuff.. I will start practicing with this asap.

Thanks
Ryan G
Have plenty of altitude and an open area for a big practice area. If you start to lose it a little hit the fly button to put it back into GPS mode.

I've been doing a lot of manual practice with my Hubsan PFV. I've been out getn to know my SOLO as much as I can with 2 batteries & waiting on 2 more as I write. Also been YouTuben' & researching quite a bit on SOLO. I wanna start flying manually with it. My question is, should I start SOLO in GPS mode & switch over to manual in flight? And if so, what is the best way to switch back over to GPS. Also if I take off in GPS mode and then switch to manual & then back to GPS, does SOLO know where home is?

I've been doing a lot of manual practice with my Hubsan PFV. I've been out getn to know my SOLO as much as I can with 2 batteries & waiting on 2 more as I write. Also been YouTuben' & researching quite a bit on SOLO. I wanna start flying manually with it. My question is, should I start SOLO in GPS mode & switch over to manual in flight? And if so, what is the best way to switch back over to GPS. Also if I take off in GPS mode and then switch to manual & then back to GPS, does SOLO know where home is?
Getting and maintaining GPS lock has nothing to do with the mode you are in. You can switch back and forth all you want, Solo GPS will work the same. I recommend starting in GPS mode and take off normally. Once at a comfortable 8-10' hover, tap the button assigned to Manual. If there is no wind, you probably won't see a difference. Manual mode still maintains level and altitude, just not a fixed position. So if there is little wind, it's not going anywhere. To go back to GPS mode, just hit the Fly key. Here is a video I did months ago on the subject...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44