"GPS LOST" reported but GPS is fine. FW 2.4.1-6

Reaction score
I have updated my Solo to 2.4.1-6 and was testing today. First flight was fine, no anomalies. Second flight I had two events where the Solo switched to FLY: MANUAL after reporting that "GPS LOST" on the Controller.

After looking through the flight logs I see that no change to the GPS Status, Satellite count or HDOP have occurred at the same time.

The EKF Status did report a position (HORIZ) error both times, but no other EKF errors occurred during the flight.

Does anybody know what could be causing this, if not the GPS?

I have updated my Solo to 2.4.1-6 and was testing today. First flight was fine, no anomalies. Second flight I had two events where the Solo switched to FLY: MANUAL after reporting that "GPS LOST" on the Controller.

After looking through the flight logs I see that no change to the GPS Status, Satellite count or HDOP have occurred at the same time.

The EKF Status did report a position (HORIZ) error both times, but no other EKF errors occurred during the flight.

Does anybody know what could be causing this, if not the GPS?
Interesting. This problem was supposed to be addressed with this release. Root cause can be anything from gps glitches due to multi path effects, IMU or compass anomalies. Solo reacted right by switching to Manual. Nevertheless Send the logs to 3DR.
As long as you had control over Solo I would not consider that as a serious problem.

That sounds bad. One would expect to see a drop in HDOP for sure. The fact that the logs don't show HDOP or # of SAT dropped then I would stay on top of this. Perhaps I will skip this update for a while.

This is interesting. I had a similar occurance after FW update. I took solo out about 1000 ft in very clear wi-fi & GPS area and controller reported "lost GPS" and switched to manual. No problem, I turned it around and started to bring it back. It soon regained GPS and I went back to fly mode. I've had at least 12 flights since and Solo has been rock solid. I did not pay much attention unlit reading your post.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44