GPS lock inside my house?

Reaction score
Website
www.macswebs.com
I was testing a new gimbal and had the Solo, controller and tablet all connected. As I was playing around with the gimbal controls and watching the live feed when I got a "ready to fly" message. I got a GPS lock from inside my house?! Not only that, I was in the basement with walls, concrete, computers, a steel desk and modems all around me and yet it still got a GPS lock somehow. In all my previous testing in my workshop/office I never even got a single satellite. Weird.

Did we launch some super powerful GPS satellites recently? :D I mean, I got a tan while sitting in my basement so there might be something to it.

Exact same thing happened to my Saturday night was testing the gimbal and all of a sudden gps lock and ready to fly!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

And never trust a GPS signal you get indoors, anymore than you would trust a GPS signal right next to a tall building
Both are likely to be very poor fixes prone to glitches

The lock is fake due to multipathing of the signal from outside. It's unusual that it even happened. But rest assured it was a bogus lock.

I get GPS lock every time I power up inside with m8n. At least 25 times I've powered up inside. I get from 8 to 16 satellites while inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downstairs, I never got GPS lock. Upstairs, yes, GPS locked all the time. The lock seemed genuine. But I never had props on the Solo when indoor because if I did and held Fly to start, held Fly to take off, the ceiling would divert the Solo to the floor or the wall or the HDTV.

I get GPS lock every time I power up inside with m8n. At least 25 times I've powered up inside. I get from 8 to 16 satellites while inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me too 12-13 in the living room with M8N

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig