Got shakey video?

Reaction score
I'm sure some of you know this already. I don't know why I'm just finding this out but recently I put some of my videos on a thumb drive so I could watch them on my 42" led tv.

Some of the videos had parts with the infamous "micro-vibes", particularly when yawing. When viewed on the big screen all of the vibes disappeared and everything looked butter-smooth.

Everything looked "better" which I expected but I did not expect the vibes to disappear. I only see them when viewed on my computer which leads me to believe the vibes were actually introduced by something in the computer.

Either the CPU, memory, hard drive, video card, etc., or some combination isn't keeping up with the video. So, I spent a lot of time on Solo when apparently there was nothing wrong with the video as it came straight from the GoPro.

Maybe from now on, I'll go straight to the big screen before I worry about removing "vibes" using software, etc.

Anybody else notice this? If the video looks fine on the big screen, I'm guessing there's no need to try to remove any vibes I see on the computer screen, right?

Your TV might also be doing great some motion-smoothing under the hood. A number of 3D capable TVs have motion or blur compensation.

Reactions: Maddog
I agree, motion enhancement with the newer TV's helps a lot. At the same time you lose some of the crispness in the video as well, but many don't notice that either.

I agree, home movies, just enjoy on the big screen. It all depends on what you are after...or not.

Reactions: Maddog
Your TV might also be doing great some motion-smoothing under the hood. A number of 3D capable TVs have motion or blur compensation.
Good point- I never thought of that. Thanks!
(Guess my videos aren't as awesome as I thought they were).:(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo