GoPro Karma not pulled from Bestbuy?

Reaction score
Anyone know why you can't find anymore Karma's on Bestbuy?
Has karma suffered the same problem as 3DR?

when did that happen? I saw the Karma on display in-store on Saturday

Maybe they pulled it out of bestbuy to prevent the same thing that happened to 3dr.
Possibly delayed manufacturing - they don't want people to pre-order and wait 3 months before they get their drones.

I think this will be the beginning of the end for GoPro in the drone market. Who would buy one now even after they fix. With the Solo and Mavic as competition that don't fall out of the sky or get recalled, I think they're about to go down in flames.

Power failures during operation???
Boy, there's good news.

Wow, this is horrible news for GoPro. Corporations really need to take a step back. They're all blindly racing to get ahead of the competition, who themselves are doing the same. Products are bring rushed out the door just to be able to state "We're shipping X product", whether they're ready or not. As a result, we have aerial vehicles falling from the sky, phones bursting into flames, car autopilot systems being released in beta form... BETA. For a piece of software driving your car for you. I don't run beta software for work because I don't want to deal with the crashes. Trusting my life to a beta-level application?!?!?!

This is what happens when stock price and shareholder value drives any and all decisions. The effects are obvious, yet the people in charge seem to be powerless to decide anything otherwise.

It really makes one wonder how we claw back some minimal degree of rationality.

I think this will be the beginning of the end for GoPro in the drone market. Who would buy one now even after they fix. With the Solo and Mavic as competition that don't fall out of the sky or get recalled, I think they're about to go down in flames.

Oh, come on. Remember a Drone called Phantom 1, 2, those things flew away more than they stayed in the air. I know I owned them. This is a bump in the road for the Karma. It will be a competitive Drone soon.

Reactions: Crisp Rice
Oh, come on. Remember a Drone called Phantom 1, 2, those things flew away more than they stayed in the air. I know I owned them. This is a bump in the road for the Karma. It will be a competitive Drone soon.
Not sure about that. There's a whole lot going against it, and literally dropping out of the air into who knows what isn't a promising start.

It would be good if someone made a gimbal for the hero 5 that can go in the solo gimbal bay - they should just rebrand "solo GoPro 5 enterprise edition " and add a sense and avoid sensors that hook up to the accessory bay. lol
I guess I really bought into the idea of the lego drone concept.
Upgradeable everything - no need to buy a new drone - just change things as needed.
I hope GoPro figures out the problem and continue to make great products -
Maybe they should hire that guy Jordi Munoz and Colin Guinn they have experience.

Reactions: Ron380

The market is a bit different today. During the Phantom 1 and 2, there weren't many, if any, alternatives in terms of a complete, user friendly consumer camera drone. So even if it had problems, most consumers weren't going to go the alternative route of designing and building their own.

Today, there's lots of strong competition. Add to that the financial state of GoPro, and whether they can or will absorb potentially poor sales of a new product line, and you just can't say DJI got away with it, so GoPro will too.

While I don't subscribe to the absolute value of all the sensors the Mavic and Phantoms are loaded with, most consumers do. Without these, the Karma was the underdog, it'll now likely miss the holiday shopping season and be up against the Phantom 5.

And don't forget how the functionally superior Solo failed against the Phantom because of it's minor faults.

It's a brutal market, and issues like these can easily mean the difference between marginal success and total failure.

I wouldn't necessarily call the "Solo" a competitor this holiday season. DJI alone is enough reason not to buy the Karma

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44