GoPro Hero 4, to iPad, to download missing?

Reaction score
Not sure if this has happened to anybody, but here it goes...

A couple of weeks ago I was at the beach. I got to fly the Solo and got some footage. I got about four clips. Three clips went to straight to the iPad, but they look exactly like what I would see on the screen when I am flying my Solo. They are not clean downloaded clips, but they have that look as if I am looking at my iPad in real time as if I am flying.
I thought it might just be a glitch since after all they are not 'truly' downloaded from the SD card. As I try to download the SD card a few weeks later, I found the fourth clip that was never downloaded to the iPad in the original batch. This 4th clip is nicely downloaded with no "real time look as if I was flying"

What went wrong? How can I get the three clips in the iPad to download nicely like the 4th clip? Is there a way to download these clips from the iPad to my computer just like that 4th clip?

Any ideas?

Even if I try to download from the iPad via AirDrop the three clips, they download with that "real time look as if I was flying." The SD card does not have those three clips only that 4th clip.

Thank you all!QuickTime PlayerScreenSnapz001.jpg

I think you're saying you ended up with essentially "screen capture" from the 3 flights and a genuine GoPro clip for the 4th?

I think that is what I am trying to say. However, not sure how this happened. If it is a screen capture it is a 'video screen capture' I have the small files on the iPad and they play but it is that video screen capture. I have tried to do a goole search to see if I can get the high resolution file from the iPad, but so far no luck. I can't imagine it does not exist in the iPad.

It is so perplexing as I never did anything differently than previous times. (So I think) .

Yeah you've got "camera roll" for the first three clips. Sometimes if the go pro is experiencing issues with the SD card (or internal issues) there will be no recording on the gopro but still the camera roll will exist. It won't be high resolution, and there is no way to get high resolution from the camera rolls, unfortunately

That is a real bummer :(

I wonder how much the 3DR Solo app contributed to this problem. Meaning, before I started recording it asked me if I wanted to put the clips straight to the iPad. Little did I know this meant a “low quality clip screen capture” with no option of being saved to the SD card.

I guess I’m gonna have to live with this and lean from it. Better yet either really consider trashing the Solo App for the iOS alternative to Solex (can’t remember the name right now).

Bummer!

Sidepilot or MAV Pilot work nicely on iOS for a nominal price.

QGROUNDCONTROL and iDroneCtrl are free for IOS.

Thanks Wetstone!! Which one(s) do you have? And how much did you loose (smart shoots, and other things) by using the alternatives?

I have sidepilot and it works well. I've not tried mavpilot.

I tested QGC but did not fly with it. Have not tested iDronectrl yet.

I have not lost any footage as far as I know. Make sure you use a high speed SD card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig