GoPro Hero 4 black/silver Firmware V5.0

What are the advantages and disadvantages of upgrading the firmware or downgrading and staying on v3? Do you just lose the auto on function through the remote? I assume if you stay on v3 you don't get the linear fov. Which do you guys think is better and why? New owner with a hero4 silver and just trying to figure out what would be best.
Thanks

What are the advantages and disadvantages of upgrading the firmware or downgrading and staying on v3? Do you just lose the auto on function through the remote? I assume if you stay on v3 you don't get the linear fov. Which do you guys think is better and why? New owner with a hero4 silver and just trying to figure out what would be best.
Thanks

I'd like to hear some comments on this as well.

It all depends on which GoPro you have and what version software it is on. My 3+Black does not power on with Solo, but will power off with Solo. My Hero4 Silver will power on and off with Solo, and it is running v3.0. If I update the Silver to the latest firmware, it will lose the power on function. For now, I am leaving it at v3.0.
Can you provide the link to the v3.0 for Hero 4 Silver firmware please

Has anyone tried V 3.01.36 FW?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a gopro 4 black and have updated my firmware to 5.0, however I cannot use the gopro settings on the app, I am able to get live feed though, but the record button is in greyed colour and it wont respond when being touched...will someone help me to solve this problem, cheers

I have a gopro 4 black and have updated my firmware to 5.0, however I cannot use the gopro settings on the app, I am able to get live feed though, but the record button is in greyed colour and it wont respond when being touched...will someone help me to solve this problem, cheers[/QUOTE
Are you using the gimbal?

So what firmware is the best to retain all functions with solo the gimbal?

How can I find what level my gopro 4 black is? I have gone through setup and can find nothing.

Watch its status screen as the camera turns on. The firmware version is briefly displayed there. Mine says "v05.00" in a very tiny font at the bottom of the display.

Watch its status screen as the camera turns on. The firmware version is briefly displayed there. Mine says "v05.00" in a very tiny font at the bottom of the display.
And with 5.0 do you have all functions?

And with 5.0 do you have all functions?

Not sure what you mean. Turning on Solo does not automatically turn on a Hero 4 with firmware versions 4 or 5; you have to turn on the GoPro manually. But all the features which versions 4 and 5 added to the GoPro can be used while flying. Some of the newest functions must be set before flight on the camera itself, since they are not mentioned anywhere in the Solo app, which is unfortunate, but at least the app doesn't interfere with them working correctly. If I didn't understand your question correctly, please try again.

When I had my GoPro updated to 5.0 I lost the ability to use the recording feature via both solo app and solex. Had no settings available as well in either app.

When I had my GoPro updated to 5.0 I lost the ability to use the recording feature via both solo app and solex. Had no settings available as well in either app.

That's not the fault of the GoPro 5.0 firmware. Something else is causing that problem. A common cause is the user's a failure to tell the app which GoPro model they have.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle