GoPro controls - New App Update

Reaction score
Hello, sorry to be asking for advice with my first post in this forum.

My name is Arron and I've been following this forums and its helpful posts over the past few months, firstly I love the solo and it's been a real game changer in my field of work. I upgraded from a phantom 2 and have been getting double the quantity of specific aerial shots in the field in half the time..largely using the smart shots.

I've just updated my 3dr application on my iPhone to the next version which allows go pro control. Everything else is also up to date.

The problem I am having is although seeing the options to adjust the GoPro settings in the app I can't change anything,also the go pro won't record using either the record button in the app or using the button on the tilt control?? I am seeing the video stream fine though...

Please help...

Thanks in advance,

Arron

Hello, sorry to be asking for advice with my first post in this forum.

My name is Arron and I've been following this forums and its helpful posts over the past few months, firstly I love the solo and it's been a real game changer in my field of work. I upgraded from a phantom 2 and have been getting double the quantity of specific aerial shots in the field in half the time..largely using the smart shots.

I've just updated my 3dr application on my iPhone to the next version which allows go pro control. Everything else is also up to date.

The problem I am having is although seeing the options to adjust the GoPro settings in the app I can't change anything,also the go pro won't record using either the record button in the app or using the button on the tilt control?? I am seeing the video stream fine though...

Please help...

Thanks in advance,

Arron
Am I missing something... "button on the tilt control..." Can you start and stop recording by pushing it? I can't see it in the manual.

Also Aaron... don't apologize for asking for advice - even if it is your first post! Heck, I'm not sorry, there is a wealth of knowledge on here!

Am I missing something... "button on the tilt control..." Can you start and stop recording by pushing it? I can't see it in the manual.

Also Aaron... don't apologize for asking for advice - even if it is your first post! Heck, I'm not sorry, there is a wealth of knowledge on here!
Yes- if you push the gimbal tilt control in, it will start & stop recording. It's not in any manual.:(

I second what Jon said about asking for help- don't be afraid to- that's what we're here for! Welcome!!

Thanks for your hospitality forum!! I'm using the GP in Pal mode which I'm thinking is a problem with 1.3??
I can't get the GP to record using all techniques... I'm also using an IPhone 6+

Surely this update is pal friendly?!!

Arron

Reactions: Maddog
Welcome Aaron. Like Maddog said, we are here to help. If you think about it, this forum is the best user manual out there. Safe flying.....

Thanks for your hospitality forum!! I'm using the GP in Pal mode which I'm thinking is a problem with 1.3??
I can't get the GP to record using all techniques... I'm also using an IPhone 6+

Surely this update is pal friendly?!!

Arron
Hmm.. don't know about PAL but I would think so. Can you switch to NTSC and try that? If that works you may have your answer.

Haha! Great - I never knew that! I like little surprises like that! :)
When it comes to Solo, I'm not too big on surprises. There is way too much about Solo that 3DR hasn't documented. Or it's hidden away somewhere on their website.

Reactions: Jon6565

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44