Go Pro Filters

I talked to the Dan and he made mention that the ND filter would help because it would slow the shutter speed down on the Gopro so that it looked more smooth. I think I am buying these tonight (although I DO see a lot of other filters at like 1/2 price on ebay and such, not sure of the quality of them. In photography and video, you get what you pay for, but who knows if they are REALLY that much better.

Ryan G
Hi Ryan,
Our filters are made very well, however we have not tested them against Ebay filters, so I cant comment and say they are better. I know our filters are going to be a lot lighter on the gimbal. Our lifetime warranty and level of customer service should outweigh the cheap stuff coming from China. Also we will be launching a new 6-Pack in a couple weeks which will have a bunch of new filters.

Hope that helps!

-Jeff

Reactions: 1264_Solo
Ive been using PolarPro 2.0 FPV filters, and really love the ND filters, I got the 3 pack I do like my CP but there can be some extreme "vingetteing" when shooting sunsets while panning, Certain angles it works very very well and while shooting harbor shots it lets you see right through the surface of the water, really cool... but over all the 3 pack is probably your best bang for your buck @ the entry level, I saw their new Pro pack, Iam interested in a couple of the filters just not all of them , I will more than likely make the investment in the near future, I do how ever have access to another brands ND8 CP filter Iam very very curious to test out. :)

Ive been using PolarPro 2.0 FPV filters, and really love the ND filters, I got the 3 pack I do like my CP but there can be some extreme "vingetteing" when shooting sunsets while panning, Certain angles it works very very well and while shooting harbor shots it lets you see right through the surface of the water, really cool... but over all the 3 pack is probably your best bang for your buck @ the entry level, I saw their new Pro pack, Iam interested in a couple of the filters just not all of them , I will more than likely make the investment in the near future, I do how ever have access to another brands ND8 CP filter Iam very very curious to test out. :)
HI Ryan,
Where do you get these filters?
This is Scott in Costa Mesa, we connected on FB.

Hi Ryan,
Our filters are made very well, however we have not tested them against Ebay filters, so I cant comment and say they are better. I know our filters are going to be a lot lighter on the gimbal. Our lifetime warranty and level of customer service should outweigh the cheap stuff coming from China. Also we will be launching a new 6-Pack in a couple weeks which will have a bunch of new filters.

Hope that helps!

-Jeff
Hi Jeff, looking at your filters on Amazon...can you confirm the "polarizer" is in fact circular polarized? The listing only makes mention of "polarized"
Thanks

I bought a Polar Pro Frame2.0 FPV. kit for my new Hero 4 Black and am anxiously waiting for the new Solo to arrive :) Like everyone else.

The GP4 did not even come with a lens cap?? And the filters have no storage or covers. Looking for a good solution to store these filters and possibly a lens cap for the filter so I can just put a cap on it without removing from the GoPro.

Loose in the bag is not going to work for me !

Is this the Peau lens you have on your GoPro?

4.35mm f/2.8 72d HFOV 10MP GP43528

4.35mm f/2.8 72d HFOV 10MP GP43528 (No Distortion) [GP43528] - $200.00 : Peau Productions - Store

Edit:maybe I should say, what is the best recommended lens?

Last edited:
I picked up a Polar Pro ND filter for my hero4 and it seems to work really well. Does anyone else have the issue with their go pro flickering back and forth like the iso is cranking up and down or something? Mine does this in the evenings so I have been messing with the ISO settings and such. One problem I had with the ND filter last week was that it is such a snug fit over the lens of the go pro that when I went to take it off it actually pulled off the outer black ring and gasket off of the go pro at the same time. I was not impressed. It goes back on but I thing I will try to glue it back on so it stays on otherwise I will have to pop it out of the ND filter every time. Pain in the a$$.

Is this the Peau lens you have on your GoPro?

4.35mm f/2.8 72d HFOV 10MP GP43528

4.35mm f/2.8 72d HFOV 10MP GP43528 (No Distortion) [GP43528] - $200.00 : Peau Productions - Store

Edit:maybe I should say, what is the best recommended lens?

I had the 5.4. I like it but it was pretty sensitive to movement. Never did get to try it out on a gimbal.

I prefer the focal length much better than stock and the Phantom for that matter.

For me it was much easier to judge distance.

Reactions: Raybro
I had the 5.4. I like it but it was pretty sensitive to movement. Never did get to try it out on a gimbal.

I prefer the focal length much better than stock and the Phantom for that matter.

For me it was much easier to judge distance.
Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc